Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Let īs entertain ourselves while ...asking ourselves what we are doing wih our lives!    

Let īs entertain ourselves while ...asking ourselves what we are doing wih our lives!

libertybelle
United States

Sometimes I wonder why the world hasn īt woken up to the fact that English teachers hold the key to global understand and tolerance in their hands.

One of my students said - "you know what? I can be in Italy talking to a Japanese boy and we can talk and learn about each other īs lives because we both speak English!"
We should be the highest paid and most appreciated people on Earth.

Dr. Phil once said the two jobs in the world most deserving of appreciation are teachers and nurses.

Hooray for us!

21 May 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Sometimes, I wander...

21 May 2011     

Zora
Canada

Liberty is right. I tell my students all the time that knowing English opens the doors to the world. You can go almost anywhere and communicate with others using it. And I often wonder "why do I bother?"... my students just see English as another subject to pass, with teachers that don īt care about communication at all... arghh... and then I get one student who is a joy to teach and this feeling goes away.

(Alex, I hear that the Rapture dress code is white robes and laurel leaf crowns... I bought mine yesterday online from CostumesRUs and found a wonderfully kind sinner willing to look after Fluffy for only $135. Wink

21 May 2011     

libertybelle
United States

LOL  Dearest Alma
Do you know the song:
"I Wonder as I Wander"   -  a Christmas carol written by John Jacob Niles.

See?  You can both! LOL

Zora - yeah, why do we bother? 
Because we īre nuts?
Because it īs a calling?  (not)
Because we didn īt want to be president of the USA?

I wonder too!!! Confused

21 May 2011     

teresasimoes
Portugal

Sometimes I wonder why I wander through paths and motorways looking for happiness,
trying to sow seeds of understanding...

Sometimes I wonder why I run when the bell rings,
Sometimes I wonder where my dreams are and how I am to dress them up
and ...
bring them fresh and stong to real daily life!

I wonder so many other times for so many other reasons...

21 May 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

Let īs face it: English is just another subject for most students. And it īs OK

21 May 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

@Errie - Mar is right.  Thank God is often an expression.  It is used to express that something disagreeable hasn īt happened.  Just as in � īThank God it didn īt rain yesterday or we would have gotten all wet at the picnic, or thank God it īs Friday.  People often use these expressions regardless if they are religious or not.

I wonder about all the work that has to be done before school ends.

21 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

I wonder if I will ever get a raise! LOL

21 May 2011     

< Previous   1    2