Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > PROBLEMS WITH CLIPART AND REPORTING A WORKSHEET    

PROBLEMS WITH CLIPART AND REPORTING A WORKSHEET

moravc
Czech Republic

4 Jun 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

You have the permission to "steal" these weaky-legged beasts, painted by me.
See?
The outcome would be quite blurry...
It is easier to download each single picture rather than try to extract one pic from a poster...

The key information: what is the aim of ESLP?
Is it sharing useful and fancy worksheets or is it redistributing pictures or worse redistributing probably copyrighted pictures?
I think the main goal is to help colleagues and share materials useful to kids all round the globe!

4 Jun 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi Linda,

I even said in my previous post that it �s difficult to interpret those rules the way they are put.
It �s clearly stated that the buyer is NOT allowed to avail (distribute) the art in any list servers (ESLprintables is a list/group of members), therefore it couldn �t be used in here.

However, apparently there �s a RESELLERS LISENCE, where you can dristribute/sell your work with their graphics, but according to their rules ONLY IF uneditable.

So far, I myself haven �t come across a SINGLE worksheet with thistlegirls graphics following that rule here in ESLprintables. Therefore, they are all endagering the website/Victor of another clipart headache. You �d have to take the issue to the person you mentioned. But according to what it �s written, EDITABLE DOC files are uploaded against their rules.

What I find most odd is not actually this (I can �t say I care much about those websites which restrict the use of a paid product to this point). What really bugs me as an ESLp member is seeing only SOME members having wss removed for not following the rules.

I hope I have answered the questions you made.

See you around!

Bruna

4 Jun 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Since you guys are talking about such a sensitive clipart issue, I �ve got a question. Today I saw on the daily contribution list a ws with icliparts that has been quickly removed. Why this ws with the icliparts is still on while we all know that  the rules say: "no images from icliparts" and moreover the work has been supported by other members and yielded many downloads. 

4 Jun 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

MapleLeaf. Where is your proof in this accusation? The images do not contain any iclipart watermarks nor any other signs of illegal usage. Please do not bring to this forum such unsubstantiatiated claims. Rather make a contribution to this community by uploading some work of your own.

4 Jun 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

David, it �s not an accusation. I �m just trying to understand why the rule stands: "

You can �t publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since it �s against their terms of use.

And all of the images this ws includes are from this iclipart. If you go to the clipart and bring up any image from this ws, it will have clearly a watermark �ic �. Isn �t that a proof, if you ask for it. 
I will upload my ws with pleasure but just need to specify the rules since my ws has  images from iclipart and according to the ESLPrintables rules it �s illegal.

ok, it doesn �t have any watermarks, can I upload it, in spite of the rules of the website. It doesn �t say anythig about watermarks.

And the webmaster of ESLprintable, Victor,  kindly asked as well, "Now, I kindly ask all you who have printables with iclipart content to edit your documents and change the pictures for other different ones, not taken from iclipart.com."

4 Jun 2011     

RukiaK
Mexico

I think Mapleleaf is right...

And She/He is just asking this in order to follow the rules of this site, there �s nothing wrong with it (in my opinion)

4 Jun 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

I have downloaded the worksheet, which I presume MapleLeaf is unable to do so because he/she has no points, I magnified the pictures to 500% and no watermarks are visible. What proof has MapleLeaf offered that these pictures belong exclusively to iclipart? Remember that many (not all) of the collections available through iclipart are also available in other collections such as Art Explosion.

4 Jun 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Ok, David, thanks for your answer. So if I, on my ws, don �t have any watermarks indicating the ownership of iclipart, I can upload it, even though i got them from iclipart :)

4 Jun 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

That is between you and iclipart. Though if you state the images are from iclipart then your worksheet should be reported and removed.

As for myself, I  stopped my subsciption to iclipart and have removed or updated worksheets which contain images I knowingly purchased from iclipart, though it wouldn �t surprise me if a few of their images remain, so if iclipart ever challenge me on the images I will happily remove any which belong to them exclusively.

4 Jun 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >