Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > exams     

exams

viccxx
Greece

exams

Hello to all!
I have been away for more than I ever thought possible ( playing Dragon Age my new addiction...) so, i was wondering...
Did any of you have students that sat the Michigan ECCE this May? What did they think of it? There was a rather tricky speaking about smoking as my students told me and some of them had an isssue with the GVR section because they run out of time. Did any of your students have any such problems?
Here in Greece there are at least 5 different exams you can take at B2 level: Cambridge, Michigan, Edexcel, City and Guilds and the State exam. I ve had a lot of complaints about michigan and cambridge this year . Has any of you been working with the rest? What is your opinion on them? I �d love to have one more at least as an alternative. Which one do you think I should go for?

18 Jun 2011      

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Hello,
My students thought the ECCE exam was easy except the listening which was fast and very long. I �ve tried the state exam but it �s not that "easy" to tackle because of the mediation parts.I wouldn �t go for it. What I really love is TIE. They are only tested on writing and speaking and asep accepts it equally.I love it because it �s truly productive.

18 Jun 2011     

viccxx
Greece

Well, it is a nice option, but it �s still relativelly unknown. My students tend to ask for one of the five more prominent ones and I have to admit, i am reluctant to add another exam as an option. I have already given a sample of each to all my students to do during summer so they can decide which one they prefer, and i recevied gasps and moans and groans at how many they were...Imagine giving them another one! Perish the thought!

You said your students had problems with the listening? Mine said it was a breeze...two of them didn �t do the last part of the reading because they run out of time and put in answers in ramdom, though.
Thanks for the reply!

18 Jun 2011     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hello Ladies...

Well my students sat for the ECCE and FCE exams. They thought that  both exams were  pretty easy. To be honest I did �t believe them I said the resuts will show..and guess what the results for the FCE are out and yes they all did pretty well. No failures....
I try not to get involved with other exams...too many. The kids have enough to worry about...and I don�t want them doing 5 different tests every so often...too confusing

As far as time is concerned I had my students come in every Saturday and do tests within the exam hour since November so they can get used to the time limit.

Be well. Have a nice weekend

18 Jun 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

Hi!
Two of my students sat the ECCE exam last May. One of them thought the Readind part was a bit tricky, but both of them handled the time issue well. As for the speaking test, it was about technology, computers, books and mobile phones.

I (also) said the results will show the truth, and, to be honest with you, I �m a bit worried.
Btw, do you know when they are going to release the results?

Cheers!

18 Jun 2011