Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > SOS!! WANTED: Computer whiz to help non-computer whiz! ;)     

SOS!! WANTED: Computer whiz to help non-computer whiz! ;)

Mar0919
Mexico

SOS!! WANTED: Computer whiz to help non-computer whiz! ;)

Hi, everyone!!! I must confess my lack of knowledge in computers! Embarrassed   Have you felt sometimes like a total dummy? That �s me today! LOL!!! My brain refuses to work!

Problem: Some time ago, a member shared a link to download a movie, which I did. Wonderful movie, I must add! But...... I..... CANNOT FIND THE MOVIE NOW!!! I searched in "downloads"..... no luck! I searched under the movie �s name....... no luck! I searched in "my videos"...... zilch!

Can someone help me please?!?!?!? Where did this movie possibly hide??? Wink

Thanks in advance! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and has an even better week!!!

Hugs!

Mar

20 Jun 2011      

yanogator
United States

There �s a "Search" feature in your Start menu (Just click Start or the blue circle, depending on your version of Windows in the lower left of your screen). Find the word "search" and click it, then type the name of the movie. It will find it for you.

Bruce

20 Jun 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Yanogator. I already did that! No luck either! Confused

20 Jun 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Mar, that one? http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=28047

20 Jun 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Yes, MapleLeaf, that �s the one. I thought that once downloaded, it would "stay" LOL  in my computer, but I guess not! I just didn �t want to download it again, because I really don �t  have the time, since I �m preparing final exams........

20 Jun 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

:)

20 Jun 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

Mar, perhaps this is silly from me, but have you checked the My documents file? Or perhaps a bit less silly - which downloader did you use? Because they have their own libraries or shared folders, you know! For instance, Real Player has its own library and saves stuff there, and Ares has something called My folder and packs it there... Hope it helps...

20 Jun 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Anita... I downloaded thru mega upload, which is the link La Mente Maestra shared for the movie...

Yes, I checked the My Docs files..... =(

20 Jun 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Good night everyone! Will check your suggestions early tomorrow before I go to school, hopefully someone will think of a magical solution for me! LOL 

Take care!

20 Jun 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

Dear Mar I hope you have found your download....!

If you are still needing help I can suggest  two things this is for downloading from the internet........

(STEP 1) Try and find your internet download explorer file and have a peek inside that file.

(STEP 2) Try and download something quick from the internet again to bring back your internet download explorer box to view your download history and click view while it �s down loading.If you have the film file inside the box right click on that file and go to open containing folder, there you will find your film that �s missing.
If no file then some how your system has deleted it for good and you need to download your film again.
Hope this has helped you Mar.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

20 Jun 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you, Redbull, very helpful suggestions, will try that as soon as I have a chance, I �m off to school, but will try that on my break! Thank you!

Will let you know if I �ve found it, if not....... well, downloading again! Didn �t have the time, since it takes a couple of hours, like 3 or 4, but I guess if I can �t find it, will not have a choice!

Thanks everybody!!!

AB, will let you know how it went!!!

Have a great day!

Mar

20 Jun 2011