Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > teaching: feeling or a job??    

teaching: feeling or a job??

agusjavier
Argentina

teaching: feeling or a job??

I recently read this question or sort of it... and I started wondering about it. Now that the year is coming is a good analize this, don�t you think??

18 Dec 2008      

Zora
Canada

Teaching, in my opinion, is a vocation or a calling of sorts. You have to like it or you can never really be a good teacher. It�s not something you can do "just because it�s a job" like typing, answering phones or boxing up goods. People do know if you like teaching or not, and a person who enjoys it, transmits that and this "feeling" is also passed on to the students.

The best teachers in school, were always the ones who tried to make the class as fun as possible. It didn�t matter if it was Math, Science or History. You could tell that they enjoyed what they were doing simply because they tried to make you interested in their subject.

18 Dec 2008     

miss_yanis
Argentina

If you are from Argentina, you should feel the same as me. In this country it�s definitely a feeling if you take into account salaries and conditions... LOL

Kisses from a collegue!

18 Dec 2008