Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

edrodmedina
United States

WOD

Thank you Giovanni for choosing me as the winner of the WOD. While everyone in the US is burning hotdogs, hamburgers and steaks while guzzling gallons of beer and watching fireworks I �m at home keeping the torch going. So please participate. The new WOD is Rhinotillexomania... Let �s get some witty daffynitions. Remember no dictionary defintions or Googled definitions. Use your knoledge.. yor noledge...yur nowledge...what you know of English to come up with some wacky definitions for today �s word. Good luck!!!

4 Jul 2011      

elderberrywine
Germany

Rhinotillexomania-

it �s the permanent urge, the drive  the craving, the  compulsion,  to tickle a rhinoceros in the sides whenever you come across one.
Don �t tell me it�s a ridiculous thing to do - I know very well a rhino can �t feel the tickling on account of its thick skin.
That �s exactly why rhinotillexomania is a classified mental disease. There is a study group at the university of Padua, Italy, that is working on new behavioral treatment, but not much success has been reported as yet.  

It�s a sad thing to suffer from Rhinotillexomania . A friend of mine suffered from a bad case of Rhinotillexomania- he only recovered after moving to a town that was 150 km away from the nearest zoo. He still occasionally cheats with cuddly toy rhinos which he tickles secretly and his collection of books on rhinos is considerable� but his therapist considers him to be almost cured

4 Jul 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Remember Ionesco �s play "Rhinoceros" ?

Well, the humans become RHINO TILL EXercising Old RoMANIAn devilish malediction rites which give you such a bad cold and cough that you will think only with the brain of a RHINO. You are to become an ex-man ! That �s all. Untill the exhumation of your maniaco depressive thought...

4 Jul 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

I think Rhinotillexomania is the sequel of the beautiful historic novel by Pauline Gedge " Hippopotamus Marsh". The story starts with the complaint letter of the foreign power of  Setiu, the rulers of Uplands in Egypt. The noise of the hippopotamuses was just an excuse to start a war against the twelfth Dynasty of the Egyptians, the legendery Seqenenra, the hereditary king. The Setiu ruler just demanded to put muzzles on the Hippopotami... The war started. But where �s hippopotamus there �s always a rhino somewhere nearby, so it �s more likely, the next pretext will fell upon another innocent animal...

Anyway, the book is extremely interesting.

4 Jul 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

Rhino- a wild animal
til- until
lexo- from the greek "lexis", word
mania- an unbeatable urge

Therefore: Rhinotillexomania is the urge to teach a rhino how to communicate using human vocabulary until you run out of energy, usually felt by teachers of English!!! 

5 Jul 2011