Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HIGH SCOPE APPROACH    

HIGH SCOPE APPROACH

Fernando Damour
Indonesia

HIGH SCOPE APPROACH

Hi dear teachers...

I �m fernando, I just moved from my previous school in to a new one called HIGH SCOPE SCHOOL, I found this school totally different compared to my previous and other formal school.. They use HIGH SCOPE APPROACH, which is in class consists of 2 teachers and 24 students only (  2 levels of students ).. in the 1st six week no lesson given but routines activities.. I �m not familiar yet with the system and method but Im teaching 2-3 and my subject will be English and Indonesian..so anyone experience the same method or teaching high scope school? Hope we could share the experience..

thanks in advance..
Fernando Damour

18 Jul 2011      

Natashenka
Ukraine

Dear Fernando, I don �t teach kids but I used elements of this approach while giving private lessons and teaching my own child. As I know it implies not only teaching English in the process of everyday activities (having meals, playing, etc.) but also developing fine motor skills (because it promotes developing linguistic skills). We used Lego and built houses, cities, means of transportations and at the same time named them in English and tried to act out mini-dialogues. Now my child is so fond of clay modelling that he spends a lot of time making cars, animals, fruit and vegetables, buildings, etc. and again it �s an excellent opportunity to combine it with learning English! Also I think we should involve children in other activities natural for their age (drawing, making appliques, using beads and buttons for counting, for example) or even arrange a kind of creative lab alongside with teaching English. I hope my advice will be helpful. For more information on this approach and developing fine motor skills you may use these links:

18 Jul 2011     

Fernando Damour
Indonesia

Thank you for sharing...nice source you shared...:) I hope we could share more...

22 Jul 2011