Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Another way of playing Hangman    

Another way of playing Hangman

ivush
Czech Republic

Another way of playing Hangman

Hello dears, as usual, I am sending something from my tonigh workroom ideas :) It is another funnier way how to play Hangman. The vocabulary is written on the board and some letters are covered with Smileys. Instead of writing the letters you uncover them while students say them correctly. I made 30 pcs of Smileys to be able to write and cover enough words in advance so the students do not see any letter :) Material: yellow paper, printer, laminator, scissors, magnet adhesive tape. Enjoy, get inspired and public your work! :)

20 Jul 2011      

estefy_busso
Argentina

AWESOME!!!!!!!Clap

Thanks a lot for sharing it!!!

20 Jul 2011     

Scheffer
Brazil

Great idea.
I just worry about the moment you write the words on the board and cover with the SMILES. We can play only once, is that the idea? Otherwise they can see you writing the word for a new round...

20 Jul 2011     

roooj
United States

Great!!

I will probably use it next week!

Good job!

20 Jul 2011     

adrie.toth
Hungary

Thanks for the wonderful ideas you are sharing with us. You inspire us a lot!

20 Jul 2011     

ivush
Czech Republic

Sheffer, that�s what I wrote. You have to prepare and cover all words before students come, them not to see the letters. That is why I made 30 Smileys. Then you play the game in a row of five, six words.

20 Jul 2011     

mariannina
Italy

ClapHeartHug
Granny

20 Jul 2011     

eng789
Israel

Very nice.  Great idea.

20 Jul 2011     

xochitsin
Mexico

Maybe, if you already have the words written on paper it  could be easier. So, you just put the words  on the board at the las moment . Than can be helpful if you don �t have  a classroom  only for your English classes.  ;)

20 Jul 2011