Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > NEED HELP PLEASE    

NEED HELP PLEASE

lilianrichard
Argentina

NEED HELP PLEASE

i AM SO SORRY BUT I AM NOT SURE HOW DO YOU SAY IN ENGLISH THE PERSON WHO DO OR PRACTICES SKATEBOARD IS IT SKATEBOARDING OR SKATEBOARDER???? IF YOU ASK WHAT DO YOU DO AND THE PERSON ANSWERS I AM A SKATEBOARDING PLEASE COULD ANY OF YOU EXPLAIN ME WHAT IS THE CORRECT ONE AND WHY???? THANKS IN ADVANCE

25 Jul 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Hi Lillian.. Skateboarder, skateboarding is what a skateboarder does.

25 Jul 2011     

marielena27
Mexico

Hola Lillian: Skateboarder is the correct form.  For example play = player  teach = teacher

and skateboarding is the activity.  swim = swimmer for person  swimming for activity.
I hope it can help you. :)

25 Jul 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Skater or skateboarder. 

A skater can also be someone who rides with rollerblades or rollerskates. 

The word skater, however, may also refer to a lifestyle. 

Urban dictionary:
skater2460 up404 down
A skater is a human being who enjoys riding a skateboard because it is fun. A lot of skaters could be classified as �punks� but this is just a stereotype. True, some skaters do wear tight jeans and a pair of emericas, but a lot of them just dress �normally�. 

There are vert skaters and street skaters. Vert skaters skate in halfpipes. Street skaters skate stairs and ledges and such. street is currently more popular than vert, mainly because it is easier to do. not to say that it requires less skill; I mean that street requires no ramp, therefore it can be done in more places that vert. 

Skateboarders are often said to be druggies, but this is simply not true... True skateboarders have no use for drugs. It�s all about landing those tricks! landing a trick is the ultimate high. 

I could say a lot more but i don�t have a lot of time to write so I�ll end it hear. (sic)

Skateboarding is not a fad, it�s a way of life.

25 Jul 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Did you say "life"?

25 Jul 2011     

lilianrichard
Argentina

Thank you very much for all your answers god bless you all!!thanks

25 Jul 2011     

lilianrichard
Argentina

Thank you very much for all your answers god bless you all!!thanks