Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD 25th. July    

WOD 25th. July

gloriawpai
Brazil

WOD 25th. July

Thanks dear Douglas for such privilege.
As everyone knows, give, invent, do whatever to come up with the most original, funny daffynition, OK?

The word is QUAQUAVERSAL

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. I �m travelling, so Silvia Lefevre will be choosing the winner. Thanks

25 Jul 2011      

douglas
United States

No biggie, let �s just have fun with it:

disco m Bob u late -- What you say to Bob when he comes to work late because he was out at the Discos all night.

25 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

A special drink from Starbucks made up of mixed up coffee beans: Discombobu lat�

25 Jul 2011     

gloriawpai
Brazil

@Douglas, I �ll change the word since it had been presented quite recently. No biggie.
@Ed, please do it again, I know you can do it!! :-)

Thanks Sofia for reminding it!

The new word is QUAQUAVERSAL
sorry guys for the i n c o n v e n i e n c e!!

25 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

United Artists is a movie studio founded by Charles Chaplin, Universal Studios is a movie  studio founded by Carl Laemmle, and Quaquaversal is a movie studio founded by Donald Duck and his uncle Scrooge Mc Duck.

25 Jul 2011     

douglas
United States

Quaq-u-a-vers-al-      What the great duck bard and comedian, Buddy Quacket said to his buddy Al when Al didn �t recognize the title of a song:

"I �ll quack you a verse, Al."

25 Jul 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

It �s the word for a short chat between ducklings.
"Qua"
"Qua-qua" and vice versa.
Hence, quaquaversal.

25 Jul 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

It �s the name given to long and boring poems written by a stutterer poet.

25 Jul 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You know the French (no harm meant), it always has to be about Versailles:) even a new aquarium has to be an aqua Versailles and it has to be mega proportionate, i. e. at least quadri- smth, hence the term quadri-aqua-Versailles or quaquaversal to make a long story short:)
Sophia 

25 Jul 2011     

misseleonora
Argentina

it�s the last word Walt Disney could mumble, probably taken by his own creations. Although, I must point out this refers only to spoken words, as for written ones and taken from Wikipedia: " The last thing he reportedly wrote before his death was the name of actor Kurt Russell, the significance of which remains a mystery, even to Russell.[84] 

25 Jul 2011     

Mariethe House
France

This is what they say when they have to get all the ducks in one row before an important meeting ... of ducks
qua qua vers all qua qua vers all!!!

26 Jul 2011