Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > teaching english to children    

teaching english to children

cesitaluis
Argentina

teaching english to children

can anyone send me information about books on teaching children english since I�m writing a research paper on this topic based on the four skills. thanks a lot LOL. Thumbs Up

20 Dec 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Cesitaluis,

I would love to help you, as would many other people on this site - I am sure - however you will need to be a little more specific about what you want.  ESOL is a very broad field of study. 

On a general note I would say - teach through play, make it fun, build vocabulary with flashcards and games, and then drag it out of them with more fun games. 

If you are interested in an area that is often overlooked by ESOL - try a search on Language Experience.  IT is a phenomenal learning tool.

20 Dec 2008     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Hi Cesitaluis,
Same here , if you can be a bit more specific I am willing to help.

20 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

I don�t mean to sound rude, but most of us here have invested 4-5 years of college to learn to be a teacher of children.
It sounds like you just think we can come with advice on teaching in a little short notice.
I am a firm believer in education - for both teachers and children.

Just as a person wants the best doctor - the same is true about teachers.
I have a lot of  pride in what I do.
I�m sorry if I misunderstood your question.
L

20 Dec 2008     

memthefirst
Turkey

Challenge makes perfect concentration among children!!When you ask something you could say "I don�t know if anybody in this class could answer this correctly"

Guess activities   are brillant.Sometimes it�s better for children to guess the grammar rule or a meaning of a word.

Both these work well with children and teenagers.

20 Dec 2008