Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD OF THE DAY    

WORD OF THE DAY

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

WORD OF THE DAY

Thank you, dear Mar, for your kindness in choosing me as the Winner of the WOD Competition!

Here is the Word of the Day, (it is a common UK expression), for you to send your definitions over the weekend.

The phrase is:

"THE LOLLIPOP LADY"

Who is The Lollipop Lady?
What is The Lollipop Lady?
Why is The Lollipop Lady?
When is The Lollipop Lady?
Where is The Lollipop Lady?
How is The Lollipop Lady?

I await, with avid, anxious anticipation, your daft definitions; your exhausting explanations;  your dizzy descriptions; your idiotic interpretations; your cooky clarifications; your dotty denotations; your erudite expositions; your insane illustrations; your enigmatic elucidations; your absurd accounts; your wretched reports; your cock-eyed comments; your foolish footnotes; your jelly-brained justifications; your enthusiastic explications; your asinine answers; your ridiculous rationalisations; your vapid vindications; and your crass, barmy, potty, crackpot, hare-brained, crack-brained, half-baked hypothesese theorising this theme.

"Ready?  On your Marks!  GO!"

Les

30 Jul 2011      

Mietz
Germany

Who is The Lollipop Lady? -> definitely not me
What is The Lollipop Lady? -> definitely not my cat
Why is The Lollipop Lady? -> Somebody created her.
When is The Lollipop Lady? -> not now
Where is The Lollipop Lady? -> not here
How is The Lollipop Lady? -> fine (standard answer)

Do I get a lollipop now? Wink
Mietz

30 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

The Lollipop Lady was from the Land of Oz and married to the Candy Man (don �t say his name three times in front of the mirror). Together they ran the Lollipop Guild. Unfortunately they were a bit harsh with the Munchkins working long hours with little compensation and there were rumors of kickbacks and bribes. Really nasty stuff. Eventually the Munchkins revolted and ran her and  Candy Man out of Oz and they are now reciding in the Wicked Witch of the West �s former castle which went on the market after she was murdered by Scarecrow. The Lollipop Lady is trying to make a comeback in the candy industry but the economy being so depressed and Candy Man filing for divorce after her affair with Tin Man, things don �t look promising. Any more questions???

31 Jul 2011