Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Vacations - can you give me ahand, please?    

Vacations - can you give me ahand, please?

anitarobi
Croatia

If you can manage the flight (I know it �s hard to rest to sb like you, but Sophia is right about resting some) you can fly over to Dubrovnik! Have you ever seen it? You can stay at a nearby small town Cavtat which is calmer and not that expensive and has a beautiful sandy beach, but seeing the sights of Dubrovnik - just google it, my dear.... Or, Plitvička jezera - that would feed your soul so fast that your pains would disappear...
But wherever you go, relax, don �t stress yourself too much, and get better!

4 Aug 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello my dear friends

So nice to get so many answers and pms - well, it seems to me that now I have a bigger problem with so many different options. Definitely I would like to go to Brazil, again; I �ve been there a few times, but I never went to S�o Paulo or Rio. My husband has already been to Rio and keeps trying to go back there, he loved it, but I am afraid cause of the violence in the streets. I �ve been to Porto Seguro, Ba�a, Porto Galinhas, Maranh�o. I loved S�o Lu�s.
Argentina would also be a good choice, though we haven �t thought about it before as we didn �t think about Japan - Hi  Julia, thanks for your kind invitation, but that �s really far and expensive, too, I guess.
Thanks Harim, Morocco is a splendid destination, for sure - I visited Morocco two years ago and as you said I found a nice and cosy country and a charming people. Thank you for your offer and thank you for having received us so well.
Italy, Greece are still great possibilities and, of course, Porto Santo. I wished I was retired and rich, don �t know why, but it would be easier to decide where to go.
Well, later, at night, I will discuss all your wonderful ideas with my husband.
I �ll let you know if there is any chance of meeting some you - it would be a wonder.

Big hugs my friends

Linda

4 Aug 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Anita
We crossed posts. Thank you, seems good too, I �ll google and check it, I �ve never been there.

kiss
Linda

4 Aug 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

I, of course, would recommend some f Slovenia �s quiet and wonderful places, but believe me, if you take Anita �s advice about Dubrovnik, you wont be sorry either! Take care!

4 Aug 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Linda:

If you come to Brazil you can go to both Rio and S�o Paulo because there is "ponte a�rea" and you can fly from Rio to SP in a few minutes (and the flight is cheap).

It �s true there �s violence in SP and Rio but it depends on the places you go and the time you go there. I �ve lived in Diadema (it �s Grande S�o Paulo region, if I cross a street 1/2 block from my house I �m in S�o Paulo city, I �m 5 minutes from Jabaquara subway station, in SP) and have never suffered with it.

IMHO there �s violence everywhere - even in small cities - but the way the newspapers abroad show the cases of violence make Rio and SP look much worse than they really are. My daughter and son (J�oZ�o, remember?) went to Rio - his video was one of the finalists at Anima Mundo Festival, and you can see his video here and they simply loved the trip.

If you come here I �m sure you �ll have a great time, your husband is completely right... LOL

4 Aug 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

If you are considering Italy what about Sicily?  Many people think of going to Italy but not as many visit Sicily.  You could visit Palermo and Taormina.  It is a beautiful region and has lots to offer.

4 Aug 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Thanks Minka, Zailda and Giovanni  Hug

I �ve been googling Cratia and you are right - it �s a marvelous place.
Sicilly... why not, it sounds good, too. Now, getting harder and harder...
As I said before, retired and rich, that �s my dream - LOL LOL
Thanks my friends

Linda

4 Aug 2011     

< Previous   1    2