Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teaching tool    

Teaching tool

ivush
Czech Republic

Teaching tool

Hello friends. I have made this tool for number practising: A soft ball with numbers for tossing "thumb" games, i.e. when a student catch the ball, they have to say the number their right thumb is on. Material: ball, permanent marker.

4 Aug 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

I love it. I have a similar one for colours, but adding numbers would be great. Perhaps even on the coloured fields my ball already has. Thanks for sharing!

4 Aug 2011     

ivush
Czech Republic

Indeed, it is totally versatile! You can even write vocabulary on it or questions. But still dont know how to use the black fields :( I mean when it happens that a student chatch the ball with a thumb on this field. Any help?

4 Aug 2011     

denise_calazans
Brazil

That sounds very interesting!

Maybe you could fill the black spaces with stickers. Here in my country is very easy to find stickers with questions marks or numbers or letters.

Thanks for sharing your thumbs � game =)

4 Aug 2011     

Tere-arg
Argentina

You can write a number with and arrow so they have to tell the numbers from that one backward/forward, depending on the arrow.

4 Aug 2011     

ivush
Czech Republic

Thanks a lot! Thats a great idea!!!!

4 Aug 2011     

ivush
Czech Republic

Thanks a lot! Thats a great idea!!!!

4 Aug 2011     

SaraMariam
United States

Really great idea! I think i �ll do that this year with "my" kids :)

4 Aug 2011