Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Debate Topic: Pets on Flights    

Debate Topic: Pets on Flights

GIOVANNI
Canada

I love pets, and have always had a pet, but I would have to agree with Marion that many people do have allergies and we have to consider that as well.  Imagine being on a plane with someone who is highly allergic to pets.  It wouldn �t be wise because if the the person is asmatic it may pose some problems for them.  I once had a cat and when members of my family came to visit it was quite hard on them unless they took an antihistamine.  
I personally don �t see any problems about putting animals in a cargo hold for a few hours.  If our pets are put into kennels while we vacation it is much worse as they have to spend the whole night in a cage.

I would tend to think more about the health of a passanger on a plane than putting an animal in cargo for a couple of hours.

31 Aug 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

I never have any problems going through the full body scan with my crabs!!!

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

1 Sep 2011     

Apodo
Australia

Maybe they could sedate the kids and put them in the hold Wink

Guide dogs for the blind are the only dogs which are allowed to travel wth their owners on plane flights in Australia. (or go on public transport, into restaurants, public buildings etc)

1 Sep 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

As far as I �m concerned, pets don �t belong on planes unless in the hold. I don �t care if it �s a yapping lapdog or a supposedly child-friendly Boxer, planes are for people, just like buses and trains. 

Pets don �t belong in supermarkets, restaurants or hospitals either. Pets on chairs in a restaurant? A sad reflection of society IMHO. Thumbs Down

I �d go even further, should pets even be kept in the house? I wonder if we should let them in the living room. I �d prefer to keep them away from living areas for hygienic reasons. I�d rather not sit in a sofa next to a drooling mutt. I always shudder when I see a dog slobbering all over its owner �s mouth. Why not kiss another human being? Embarrassed

I think letting a dog sleep in the bedroom, on - or even in your bed below the covers - is absolutely disgusting. Unless you like the smell of wet socks and the company of a zillion stray hairs. 

Pet are animals, not little humans. Let �s treat them as such. Pets should be well-treated, but not given human rights. I �m off now. Having dog soup for dinner. Evil Smile

1 Sep 2011     

< Previous   1    2