Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To all Portuguese teachers who haven īt found a placement for this school year...    

To all Portuguese teachers who haven īt found a placement for this school year...

teresapr
Portugal

To all Portuguese teachers who haven īt found a placement for this school year...

...I īd like to express my deepest solidarity! It īs so unfair!I can hardly imagine how you are feeling today! Don īt give in, keep strong, keep holding on, a solution has to be found. Students need you!

1 Sep 2011      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Teresa

Nice words and unfortunatelly, addressed to too many Portuguese teachers. Hope there may be a fair solution - students need their teachers and teachers need their jobs.Broken Heart

1 Sep 2011     

juliag
Japan

Although I don īt know much about the Portuguese education system I completely agree with everything teresapr and Olindalima said (hello both of you!) and hope that you get the placements you are waiting for soon. It seems so obvious that a high teacher to student ratio has got to be a good thing for the students and education in general and I hope that everyone will see sense and that you will get your jobs and the students will get their much needed dedicated teachers.

1 Sep 2011     

yogiba61
Spain

The same happens in Spain, a lot of teachers haven īt found placement this year either. It īs not fair, we need teachers because our classrooms are crowded but goverments don īt pay attention to education. Instead of creating more teaching positions they rise the ratio in the classroom. Last year I had 38 students in some classrooms!!! That īs some of the reasons we can īt develope our job successfully. Here in Spain it is very difficult to overcome the situation due to the financial crises, at least that īs what the government says. My best regards for everybody!!!

1 Sep 2011     

mari3lla
Italy

And the same happens in Italy too. Many teachers are without their job this year; young and enthusiastic teachers and we need them so much...Students are getting more and more demanding, classes are overcrowded, education is always strongly penalized and politicians don īt pay attention, they are involved in their mean interests. And our children go on suffering about this... Good luck, my friends!

1 Sep 2011     

honeybel
Italy

Cry In Italy things are going from bad to worse Cry

1 Sep 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Ok, ket īs try to make some fun with these sad things.
In my country, the problems with education are turning out almost a tradition, year after year, we celebrate this festivity of " Let īs start school without teachers ".

This is very, very old; I remember, many years ago, I read something funny about teachers and their problems with all the demanding rules governments impose on us. Someone wrote something like this:
Teachers are like toothpaste; when we think they are finished, we squeeze them and get some more "

Good luck to all of you and to our students, too.

Linda

1 Sep 2011     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Hi!Unfortunately me and lots of colleagues haven īt been placed in the schools.

We feel a bit depressed, un motivated and frustratred-not very positive is it?

Nevertheless I think teachers eveeywhere should get more respect and consideration because I know people who say teachers earn well and work little hours(of course we know this is not true) but this mentality affects kids who are influenced by their family with this kind of remarks....

And politicians should change their way of looking at Education....

2 Sep 2011     

Mehlika Sultan
Moldova

hi
1st i am sory to hear again that teachers are treated as if they are not needed.
just know 1thing you are not alone.
In Moldova also there was a chaos in education and  i guess still there is in some places...
My friend she worked with a big class and her remuneration was not enough to pay her rent... so sad and unfair...others of my friends just went abroad because they didn īt get replacement for a long time and they got tired to wait for... others just gave up...
Hope you can hear good news for you soon.
good luck!

2 Sep 2011     

Denisa
Romania

Oh, Gosh! the educational system is a mess here in Romania too! what can I add? Marriella īs words are soo true for us, here (unfortunately!!)...and the results of the politicians � callousness, greediness and disrespect are of course catastrophic, shown today in our students � fails, lack of interest for education and personal developing....Cry !!!

2 Sep 2011