Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > NEW CLASS PROJECT IN MIND----> ANYONE INTERESTED? =D    

NEW CLASS PROJECT IN MIND----> ANYONE INTERESTED? =D

Mar0919
Mexico

NEW CLASS PROJECT IN MIND----> ANYONE INTERESTED? =D

Hello everybody!!! A BIG hug to all. I �ve been away from the forum for quite some time. You would not BELIEVE the problems I �ve had, one after the other, etc, etc, that there came a time when I �ve just had it and was all down and depressed, licking my wounds! But, as the teacher at heart that I am, a NEW SCHOOL YEAR brings me new reasons to smile, new reasons to improve, new reasons to look forward to greater challenges.
Having said that, well, I have a new project in mind, for my 3rd grade secondary students, ages aproximately from 13/14 years old. They are the "advanced" students at my school, but that is just "our" standard of advanced. They do understand quite well, they can also speak quite comprehensively, although they do make mistakes, but well, they �re students, and they try hard.
The project I have in mind, is something like I �ve seen posted here requesting "pen friends" (exchanging emails, postcards, etc). But, I �d like to go a step further, and instead of just exchanging emails, I �d like to organize a live chat session via skype or msn, where students in my classroom, can actually SEE and speak to the students in another classroom, in another part of the world! Obviously the hard part is logistics on the time differences =( 
So... it would have to be either on a Monday or Wednesday, 1:30  pm MEXICO TIME... we �d have to see which country would be having English class more or less at the same hour? I think this would be very interesting, to actually "interact" LIVE with other students who are also learning English, ask each other questions, talk about each other, etc.

What do  you think? Anyone interested????? If so, please PM me so we can start organizing and set a possible date?

3 Sep 2011      

nadin235
Russian Federation

Hello,
It �s an English teacher from Russia. You �ve got a really great idea!!! I like it very much. Later we can discuss details because I �m in a hurry to work now.
Bye,
Nadya

3 Sep 2011     

mpr_girl
Romania

Hi,

Love your idea, just that my children are 9-10 years old and our time zones are quite different-I am from Romania.
I was thinking how great a more official partnership would be - them having the opportunity to visit each other- but this won �t work for us because you �re too far.
Anyways, I think your idea will do wonders for the children!!!

All the best,
Georgiana 

3 Sep 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you, dear Nadya and Georgiana for responding. I will hope during the day, someone else reads this post and hopefully calls their attention and interest! I will hope to hear from you, Nadya!

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Mar

3 Sep 2011