Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Feeling quite sad...    

Feeling quite sad...

Mariethe House
France

Feeling quite sad...

When everyone should be merry, I am feeling quite sad.. This sudden change after working hard and suddenly ... emptiness... I feel guilty because everyone seems to be so happy and everyone seems to  keep so busy over this period.... Am I the only one who needs to relax and wait and do nothing?
Merry Christmas all the same to you all!
Mariethe

23 Dec 2008      

Zora
Canada

I was feeling that way up �til a few days ago, so I can sympathize with you. I have to work through the holiday and it makes me sad (and quite frustrated) that people keep sending their kids the days before Christmas because "they�ve paid for the class"..

To me, it�s just sad that time that could be well spent with their children is thrown away like this - it�s much easier to just "send the kids to class and get them out of their hair."... I feel like a babysitter at times...

But as I was saying, the sun came up this morning, it�s warm outside and I feel "Christmasy" once again! So keep your chin up Mariethe, things will get better!

23 Dec 2008     

mena22
Portugal

No, dear Mariethe, you are not the only one. The other day we were discussing this at school and we came to the conclusion that if you have little children in the family (close family), you�re more likely to get into the season�s spirit. If you don�t have children around, you will tend to remember those who have gone... and compare "this" Christmas to the happy ones you lived when everybody was still around... and that can only bring you sadness, all the more so because, as you put it, almost everybody is joyful around you, and you can�t help wondering why it can�t be the same with you... So, we also concluded that we tend to stay at home, relaxing, doing nothing, kind of waiting for the season to go by... 

23 Dec 2008     

Mariethe House
France

So very kind of you Zora!

The sun is shining here too, over a wonderful snowy landscape... I have just realized....

I feel for you and those kids you have to look after... This is part of the problem : we have to be happy and cheerful and full of energy most of the time and compensate for lots of things....Just as if we never were allowed to be sad or angry or.... show any of our emotions inside!
Lots of love to you and You will be in my heart for Christmas..

Mariethe

23 Dec 2008     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you Mena... It is  indeed a site for SHARING!!!

Lots of love to you!

MT

23 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Sounds very beautiful Mariethe... snowy landscapes have a certain way of "brightening" things up and making us feel a bit happier for some reason ... even though it�s freezing outside! LOL

Merry Christmas to you and yours too, do take care and I honestly hope that you feel better - or more Christmasy soon and if you don�t.. oh, well, just take it easy, relax and enjoy as much as you can. We all have had Christmases that are sort of "blah".

A great big hug,
Linda

23 Dec 2008     

Mariethe House
France

23 Dec 2008