Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Unconventional lesson about sport - ideas, please!    

Unconventional lesson about sport - ideas, please!

dobrawaa
Poland

Unconventional lesson about sport - ideas, please!

Hi,
I �m looking for some crazy ideas for a lesson about sport (intemediate level). I would be grateful for any suggestions which might liven my lessons.

Ania

10 Sep 2011      

Mariethe House
France

Why don �t you try some easy aerobics exercise with them or seated  yoga exercises like shown in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yi0uPV5jy8&feature=related

On the right side of the video, you will see some other ideas suited to the age of the students you teach! Cold be a nice way and fun to do a comprehension exercise that way!
 Let s know about what you did ! It is really interesting.
( When I was teaching, I did sitting and standing yoga exercises with teenagers and they loved it even if there were a few giggles to start with.Smile

10 Sep 2011     

Stasia06
France

Why not do some work on the Rugby World Cup! My classes are really getting involved...
Good luck.

10 Sep 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

You could talk about unusual (but real) sports around the world.

http://topendsports.com/sport/unusual/index.htm

10 Sep 2011     

zuzanavilma
Slovakia

really crazy one: make them find the way how to use the equipment from one sport to play another e.g. a tennis rocket is used to play tennis but it could be used to row a boat as well

10 Sep 2011     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I imagine stories or role-plays about a really clumsy man that tries all sorts of sports but he fails at all of them.  Think Mr. Bean.....

11 Sep 2011