Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can someone help, please?    

Can someone help, please?

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you ALL for your input... ALL was very useful. And thanks a lot, dearest Sophia, for your wonderful ideas for my students, I miss "talking" to you too!!! Actually I was thinking about asking them to bring in fashion magazines and do some discussion, games, etc, involving all this vocabulary (see? we think alike!). I �m also doing a project with them, regarding "Teen Trends"... where one team will do a sketch, one will write and perform a song, and another will do a fashion show... so I really like to be prepared when they ask questions, and one of them will surely be, what is the difference btwn sweater, cardigan and pullover ;)....

Thanks again to EVERYBODY for your responses, they were all very helpful!!!

Have an excellent Sunday!!!

Mar

18 Sep 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Here are pictures of  cardigans ( the name originates from the village of Cardigan in Wales where this type of knitwear is made.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardigan_%28sweater%29

18 Sep 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Oh dear - such confusion

We don �t use the words sweater or pullover.  We say jumper.

For us, you wear either a jacket, cardigan or a jumper if you are cold.  A cardigan has buttons and a jumper does not. 

18 Sep 2011     

< Previous   1    2