Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Let ´s make our life easier.    

Let ´s make our life easier.

aliciapc
Uruguay

@Nancy: you ´re right, another point.
Yolanda, you said it in two lines ;-)

29 Sep 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

@ Lindax and Yollanda  Clap

That ´s it. Select and copy the title, download and paste the name.

Simple and for free. Wink

Linda

29 Sep 2011     

tancredo
Portugal

I organize my worksheets into files with a name. For example: Verb tenses. Inside this file I create new ones with the name of the different verb tenses, for example: simple past, present perfect... and then I do exactly what Olindalima does.
Simple and for free, as she puts it.

Leonor

29 Sep 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Your problem is easily solved - just simply give it a name when your first save it and then save it in a folder of your choice. This takes 2, no maybe 3 seconds.  The secret is in your organistional skills. 

I have many folders: grammer, speaking, writing, reading, vocaulary, games, etc.  Then in each of these I have subfolders.  For grammar I have verbs, nouns, adjectives, subject verb agreement, mixed grammar tests etc, each with their own folder.  Then with verbs I split it into the tenses, once again each with their own folder.  For reading,  I have skimming, scanning, summarising, paraphrasing etc.  Naturally, what I have set up suits my needs but you´ll soon find what works best for you. 

You just have to experiment and then improve on that.

Cheers

Jayho

29 Sep 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

While I agree it would make life simpler, I don ´t see how it could be done. We would have too many sheets titled Animals, Crossword, Passive Voice... and we would still have to rename them anyways.
Why do you wait the weekend to rename them all? I do it as I go, give it the name I want to give it right away and I also add the name of the author to the file. That way, if a printable works very well with my students, I can go back to this site and have a look at other ones made by this author.

29 Sep 2011     

Errie
Japan

@Jaho....same thing here. It ´s all about how you organize it.

I copy and paste the name of the wss and I also add the name of the author.

29 Sep 2011     

kinho
Brazil

Hi dear friends!!! Well, I usually do like Jayro. Just one thing: my folder is "esl printables"...!!!LOL

29 Sep 2011     

joy2bill
Australia

Like Jayho I have a great filing system with numerous folders but somehow I still lose things or put them in the wrong place. I guess it all comes down to how good one is at filing. Some of us are good and some of us are not!
Let ´s just be grateful for the fact that we have such great teachers willing to share such amazing stuff.
Cheers Joy

29 Sep 2011     

lisilemos
Argentina

Here´s an idea! I hope you find it usefull to save time!
While I´m waiting to load the ws in order to see it I select and copy the name (or the title) that is above the description box and, if I decide later to download the ws then I simply paste it (to rename the file) when I save it. You can add a number  or a brief description when the name of the file repeats again. (Usually you´re asked if you want to save over an existing file and if you say "no" it automatically adds a number at the end of the file name)
Here are some examples:

select and copy "Fruits"> start download >  paste "Fruit" (to rename the file) > save it

or

select and copy "Fruits"> start download >  paste "Fruit" (to rename the file an add a number or brief description) > "Fruits - poster" > save it

Wink

29 Sep 2011     

< Previous   1    2