Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > eslprintables.com Sucks    

eslprintables.com Sucks

dennismychina
China

eslprintables.com Sucks

Hi to Victor and members.

It�s been wonderful to watch this community grow as it has. To see relationships and personalities develop. To witness the progress of many of our members. To get a glimpse of the love, the caring, the helpfulness, the passion and enthusiasm and the dedication of so many, has been inspirational.  

Thanks for sharing.

To you and yours,

May peace and plenty be the first,
To lift the latch to your door.
And happiness be guided to your home,
By the candle of Christmas.

Merry Christmas a wonderful New Year, to you all.

25 Dec 2008      

Logos
Malaysia

Dennis,

Your message is a very kind one and very appropriate for this time of year, though can I suggest that you may actually delete this heading as eslprintables.com sucks is not a very complementary title.  I really can�t think of what you were actually trying to say, possibly eslprintables rocks, but the meaning you have here, certainly does not match the message it contains.

25 Dec 2008     

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

Logos thanx for you reply!!I�ve noticed it too and couldn�t understand such a heading to succh wordsConfused

25 Dec 2008     

eaglestar
Philippines

The "sucks" shocked me a little bit. It is a negative word. It means lousy, uncool, ugly, bad, et al. I agree with Logos. I think what you mean is "rocks". "Rocks" has a positive meaning and it matches the message you are trying to convey.

25 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

hehe the joys of english as a second language! :-)

25 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm - as an English teacher, you really ought to know what "sucks" means!
(to a native speaks, it is pretty offending)

Perhaps you should read your messages through before pressing the reply button.
On my computer rocks and sucks aren�t even remotely close on the keyboard.
*sigh*

Happy Holidays
L

25 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

Unless its the new "cool speak"... you know like when kids say something is fat it means its cool not that its actually fat.... or nasty means its awesome....I�m too old to know or understand what is cool these days :-)

25 Dec 2008     

dennismychina
China

Your right I am a native speaker and a blind man could not mistakenly type

sucks for rocks.

The metaphor actually refers to the babies sucking on their dummies.  A lovely comparison I thought very early on �Xmas morning. The heading was an attention getter (which obviously worked) and a bit of tough in cheek humour.  So before flying of the handle maybe a bit of reflection?????????? Mmmmmmmmm.

Oh, by the way I think you might mean the send button, which isn�t really a button at all.

25 Dec 2008     

fletsch
Canada

eslprintables.com rules! 

This site site has helped me to have better lessons and make some good friends,

Merry Christmas,

Fletsch

25 Dec 2008     

freddie
Canada

Nice rephrase fletsch! I certainly appreciate the support and inspiration I receive from this site!

And Dennis, really,  I think the reactions to your offensive subject line are completely justified and the reflection you are requesting needs to be your own!

Merry Christmas all!

25 Dec 2008