Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Activity tip in the contest for teachers - I NEED YOUR HELP!!!    

Activity tip in the contest for teachers - I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

ericaplak
Brazil

Activity tip in the contest for teachers - I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Hello guys!

I �m taking part in a contest for teachers from DISAL (bookstore). Now, I need votes - you just need to leave a comment on the picture with my "activity tip".

As we know how difficult it is to stimulate students, I tried to think about a fun activity that would be great for different learning styles "visual"/ "auditory"/ "kinaesthetic".

The link for the contest is the following:

http://on.fb.me/ericaacosta

The activity goes like this:

"Choose a song with lexical / grammatical items that you want to practise. Pick 15 to 20 words from this song and write them on slips of paper. Stick the paper slips on the board (or around the classroom). Split the students in two teams. Tell them they �re going to listen to a song and whenever they listen to one of the words on the board, they have to run and grab it. The team with most words in the end of the game is the winner. You can also use this activity with an excerpt from an audiobook, an interesting text or an interview (in audio format). To work with the "Simple Past" you can write down the infinitive form of the verbs on the slips and once the students listen to the verb in the simple past form, they grab the slip with the correspondent "infinitive". Have fun!"

The comment may be something really simple like: great or good idea. So, it �s pretty quick!!! Please, vote and ask your friends to vote as well!

Thanks in advance!!!

14 Oct 2011      

fedi
Tunisia

I have just sent my comment. I really like the idea . Hope you will be the winner! My best wishes

14 Oct 2011     

olaola
Italy

I really like your idea !
Good luck!

14 Oct 2011     

honeybel
Italy

Well done!!Thumbs Up

14 Oct 2011     

Kita19
Portugal

Good luck, Erica! I �ve just left my comment. It �s a really nice idea, it keeps students focused on listening :)

14 Oct 2011     

ericaplak
Brazil

Hello guys!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

I WON the contest! Thumbs Up

I �m so happy...it �s always a pleasure to share experiences, tips, activities, and it �s really rewarding when our efforts are valued!

Thanks once more...and now that my life is coming to normal again, wait for some activities soon!!!

Here is the link with the final result:

Cheers!!! 

17 Oct 2011