Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Are we toyless kids or adults ?    

Are we toyless kids or adults ?

maryse pey�
France

Are we toyless kids or adults ?

Dear colleagues,

I will play the bad role of a quarrelling mother, I am afraid.

Have you counted the posts dealing with the computing problem we have ALL been meeting ?

Are we only capricious toyless kids or adults whose job includes to be patient ?

Can someone else than Victor know better the COMPLEX task that computing is ? Isn �t  Victor an excellent webmaster spending energy to please us ? Will someone else be ready to spend as much time as he actually does to fix this "stubborn" technical system ?

Don �t you think that ESL knows all these problems linked with the changing of server because it is a GREAT SUCCESS and that we are more and more to want to benefit from these very useful and rich resources ?

So, please, BE AWARE of the fact that adding pressure on Victor will not help him at all ! Let him properly focuse his mind on the ACTUAL problem, NOT ON OUR CHILDISH IMPATIENCE :

Let me be clear : I am not perfect and I am perfectly aware of the fact that I am now as addicted as you are with ESL. But I TRUST Victor and his knowledge and I am actually GRATEFUL to him to let us share such a wonderful site !

So please, DO NOT PUT USELESS PRESSURE on Victor ! Let him work. He will fix the problem ! He is good in computing and dealing with a website. How many are we to be able to do so ?

I TRUST you Victor ! Your 1st family is the people you love. Then only comes ESL ! As impatient as we are ! I know too well how we can be blocked on the wrong idea if we are asked to hurry when the task is too complex.

You are great and generous dear friend. You deserve our respect and OUR PATIENCE !

So dear colleagues the best we can do to honor Victor �s present (our site) is to RESPECT him being patient.

Thanks for your reading my post.

Maryse.

16 Nov 2011      

EvaRamos
Panama

Marysa, I definitely agree with your comment.  Thanks to Victor �s initiative and hard work during all these years, we have been able to learn and share in this community.  Thanks to his idea, we got the chance to meet people, make friends, and be able to have access to first class material.   Thanks, Victor. :)

16 Nov 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Maryse! I guess Victor will get in touch with you when he needs a body guard!LOL
I agree with what you say but this site is so good, some of us have become adicted and it is hard to get rid of addiction!! Big smile
have  a good  day !

16 Nov 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

Perhaps Victor should quit sleeping. 

16 Nov 2011