Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Satisfaction in Teaching    

Satisfaction in Teaching

juliag
Japan

Wonderful work by your students, thank you so much for sharing with us, it looks like such a fun project, I want to try something similar.

Be strong and try to remember and hold on to what it is that made you want to become a teacher originally.

The children would be losing a wonderful, positive, caring influence in their life if you were to decide you wanted to quit. I �m glad their work and smiles could bring you back from that place.

But don �t let everything become about work, make sure to take at least 20 minutes everyday to do something for YOU, something that you really want to do, so that even when work is tough you can still feel like you had something positive in your life.

Good luck, and if you ever need any of our help and support just ask.
Hugs
Julia

18 Nov 2011     

ellakass
Israel

Great,dear Marion! I understand your feelings. I will try your idea with my 5graders too. Good luck. Hugs
Elvira

18 Nov 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Thank you all sooo much for your positive feedback and your encouraging words. Indeed it is good to simply look at the students � work, their efforts, enthousiasm and their progress. Despite the fact that classes grew from 16 to 25 kids without prior notice, despite the fact that some classes have over a third of diagnosed learning/behavioral issues with no remedial teaching or discipline mechanisms available , despite the fact that no internet, dvd �s or often even CD players are available in a country where most of the kids have Iphones in their bag, they still learn.
Seeing their work shows that no matter how I feel, they obviously do still learn. I love these kids, I love watching them grow and develop and I am just enormously frustrated I can �t give what I would want to give them. Looking at their work (and the love that went into that work) helps me keep some perspective, maybe it is not ideal, but they are progressing.
Again, thank you all for your kind words. Its good to have a community like this where one can also airt some frstration sometimes....

18 Nov 2011     

douglas
United States

Keep the faith Marion,
When I was in high school, I was lucky enough to attend a school that had probably one of the best Englsih programs in California.  The English department had a mix of everything from a vegetarian hippy (that previously had lived the rock n roll lifestyle to extremes)  to an old �bitty" that taught everything very old school.

We love dthe hippy guy that really opened our minds and we always bitche dabou the "old bitty" and how strict she was, how tough she graded, and how boring her classes were.  Unfortunately, the year after I left high school the hippy guy was forced to take another job because he wouldn �t "conform" to the school leadership �s demands for taking-on extracuricular activities and duties that were incompatible with his lifestyle.  the �old bitty" kept on teachng.

When I started college I quickl� realized that I had received an unusually excellent education in English.  The things the "old bitty" had taught us, coupled with the creativity we had learned form our hippy teacher, made college assignments a breeze.  This education has continued to help me through-out my entire adult life.  

Last year I went to my 30th high school reunion as spoke with some of my old classmates.  We all agreed that were extremely lucky to have what we had and talked about how the hippy and "old bitty" had made such an influence on our lives (one classmate even became a succesful writer now leads writing and critiquing workshops in California).  Having left the area shortly after high school, I never told either of them of the impact they had on my (and many other �s) life. 

Because of "leadership"("the Man") many students did not get the opportunity to experience this teaching duo--a great loss.  Stay with it Marion and just know in your heart that you are making the world a better place and changing lives.  You are making a difference--don �t let "The Man" get you down.

Douglas

PS-Glad you stayed, I �d miss you.

18 Nov 2011     

pollyanna_pl
Greece

A teacher who can get her students to produce such wonderful work, was born to be a teacher. Everything about you says that you were meant to be a teacher. And inspiring young people the way you do is a huge contribution to humanity.
Thanks for sharing this project with us.

18 Nov 2011     

Montypython
France

Thanks so much for sharing with us & for inspiring not only your pupils but also us!!!! :)
tons of hugs dear Marion :)

18 Nov 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3