Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Partner schools wanted for a ready Comenius project    

Partner schools wanted for a ready Comenius project

dostumm
Turkey

Partner schools wanted for a ready Comenius project

Dear colleagues,

I am an English teacher and the head of  the project team at a primary school in Bursa,Turkey. We would like to prepare a Comenius Project for 2012-2014 and we are looking for partners from European countries.The project is about children�s rights and the papers are almost ready. If  you would like to learn more about the details of the project please contact me at [email protected] and I can send you the summary of the project.

At our school there are 60 teachers and about 1500 students aged beteen 7 and 15. Students start to learn English in the 4th grade (when they are 10), but unfortunately my students didn�t have a regular English teacher in the previous years so they have very poor English knowledge(A1 or less.) but they are very excited about the idea and willing to participate in the Project..Our schools website is www.selahattincirakioo.k12.tr.

And finally let me introduce my city briefly. Bursa, with its population of 2 and a half million, is one of the most important big cities in Turkey. It is in the southern coast of the Marmara Sea and takes only 75 minutes to get to Istanbul by ferry.

Bursa City which is open for tourism in the summer and in the winter has got historical and cultural wealth as well as natural beauty. Bursa City which has got approximately 165 km long coastline in the south of the Marmara Sea, has got natural beaches in Karacabey, Gemlik, Mudanya Districts and on the coast line of Iznik and Uluabat Lakes. Bursa has also a great potential for the thermal, mountain, historical, natural and plateau tourism.

Bursa City comes forward with its history, as well as natural beauty. Bursa, the first capital of the Ottoman Empire, brings the history to the present-day with especially places constructed in the past, such as architectural style of chapels, mausoleums, caravansaries and bazaars .The highest mountain of Marmara Region; Uludag is Turkey�s first and the most important winter sports center.

Industry of Bursa develops rapidly and subsidiary industries of companies like Fiat, BMW, Renault and Honda are in Bursa. Because of this, the city takes migration.For more infoyou can refer to the official website of Bursa www.investinbursa.gov.tr/index.php

21 Nov 2011