Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > taken from books    

taken from books

degofe
Portugal

taken from books

Dear colleagues, can you please tell me if it�s legal to scan activities from a book and post them as worksheets without adapting them?
I don�t think it�s legal but some users keep doing it... Do not download the file http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=154106#thetop as it was taken from a vocabulary book.

30 Dec 2008      

malesza
Poland

seems that the user scanned and uploaded a big collection of pages....

30 Dec 2008     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

It isn�t legal. Report it and Victor will remove it.

MAR

30 Dec 2008     

Im Lety
Mexico

Maybe they don�t know...
Not all new members read the F.A.Q...
I�m included... Throughthe time I realized how this web works...
You can use whatever you want of other autors...(I learned that in college)...
But of course that is ilegal if you don�t give the source

30 Dec 2008     

miameto
Turkey

as we are not professional enough to draw and paint our own pictures, its quite normal to use pictures from internet or books, but one importatnt point is that we should avoid scanning , the activities should be our own work, otherwise just scanning the whole page is not morally good.

to sum up, use pictures but do not copy the activities, create your own :)

30 Dec 2008     

degofe
Portugal

thanks for your replies. I�ll report it to Victor.

30 Dec 2008     

degofe
Portugal

you�re right Miameto, I�ve already scanned a picture from a book for one my worksheets but I�ve adapted the text and the exercises my own way. In this situation, the files posted by Iara are entire copies of the book and there are no credits. the number of the page at the bottom must have been erased using a picture management program.  

30 Dec 2008