Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hello everybody    

Hello everybody

Urpi
Peru

Hello everybody

Hi I need your help indeed. I am searching for a video in youtube, but I can`t remember the title it is about a poor man who  picks up the left overs of a fast food chain in an Asian country and gives it to his wife and children and they pray before they start eating It is very touching. And I am talking about poverty in my class tomorrow so it would perfectly apply as my warm up.

Thanks a lot.

13 Jan 2012      

colita
Costa Rica

This is one I once saw...maybe it �s the one you �re looking for...hope it �s of great use!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxjzgFlnUyk

13 Jan 2012     

Gaby141
United Kingdom

Wow, what a video. Very sad and perfect lyrics. It think it is perfect for a �poverty � theme. Thanks for the link!

13 Jan 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

This is a  very powerful video. I actually used in in the past not for a �poverty � theme but rather the opposite. I used it towards the end of our chapter on food. I felt that after talking for a month about their favorite foods and writing recipes etc. it was appropriate to remind them how lucky they are...I don �t think I have ever seen the students so quiet!

13 Jan 2012     

languaria
Germany

Hi, the video you are looking for might be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gZCwY9qJL4

12 minutes that leave a scar in your heart

13 Jan 2012