Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > transfer skills of the students    

transfer skills of the students

alperrrr
Turkey

transfer skills of the students

Hi all

I wonder whether you are applying any activity in your classrooms to enhance or create the transfer skills of the students. We have been lingering on this topic for a long time and figure that this is the biggest problem hindering their effective learning and that makes us lose too much time repeating the basics every time when we introduce a new topic. Thanks for your help...

31 Dec 2008      

Logos
Malaysia

I have heard of this term �transfer skills� before, but I am not entirely sure what it means, nor what you mean by it.  This is the type of discussion this site was made for and not all the recent rhetoric about world events.  Please would you therefore clarify what you mean and I am sure there are many who can comment on this query.  Thank you.

31 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Do you mean the ability to generalise & apply what the students have been learning in previous lessons?

Logos - totally agree about the politics. My apologies if my post above was a little long winded & seemingly irrelevant...

31 Dec 2008