Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Do you make enough money from donations to live off?    

Do you make enough money from donations to live off?

victor
Spain

You are right, Jayho. The ads are paying the costs of the website. You can �t see them because the site is free of ads for registered users.

2 Feb 2012     

joy2bill
Australia

I agree with Douglas. I believe Lipofootoo �s post was one of genuine concern; a simple question of sympathy perhaps before donating. Getting told off may make him/her decide we are not such nice people after all.
Sometimes we need to remember that although we all here have an interest in English, sometimes a contributor may say something which can be misconstrued because they are not aware of the nuances of the language. Without seeing the person �s face or hearing the intonation we can misinterpret things.
Lipofootoo did try to pm Victor.
Just my tuppence worth, Joy

2 Feb 2012     

doubledecker
Finland

I totally agree with both Joy2bill and Douglas : I could have been misled but I �m pretty sure that the question was NOT to know how much money Mr Gayol earns each month. It was rather  IF he could make a living through the donations...which is quite different IMHO. I must say that very often I find some messages rather aggressive and some people have a tendency to jump to conclusions quite quickly

quote: "Getting told off may make him/her decide we are not such nice people after all."

very true indeed...

have a nice day all
peggy

2 Feb 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks for the info Victor.  I just logged out and I found all the ads.  I think that�s really caring of you to spare us from those as well as to ingeniously use them to generate revenue to pay for the server.  We are sooooo lucky to have you at the helm.

2 Feb 2012     

douglas
United States

I agree with Jayho!  Here, here!

2 Feb 2012     

< Previous   1    2