Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > SORRY    

SORRY

evelinamaria
Portugal

SORRY

Sorry for not reading the rules. : )

EVELINAMARIA & XANI

2 Mar 2012      

Mariethe House
France

I am sorry to be a partypooper again but this site says we are not allowed to advertise our work on the forum. We are here to share.  Some members here give the link to a site or material they have themselves made , devised, worked on because it is too heavy to upload here but this is sheer generosity on their part: they give and don �t ask for money. It is free!
I don �t know what the policy of the site is about this but I personaly don �t agree with advertising your own  material, however good it is, for money!.Unhappy

2 Mar 2012     

victor
Spain

I don �t know what this is about, but Evelina Maria and Xani are great contributors here, and I �m happy if this forum can help them to promote their website.
We have always given links to websites which can be useful to esl teachers, free or not.
Evelina and Xani have their own commercial website and still they keep sharing their work here, for free. I think that their generosity shouldn �t be in doubt.

2 Mar 2012     

Mariethe House
France

When people sign up here they agree to share for free. If Evelina and Xani share for free here: Great! Why do they have to advertise for their site if members can access their material for free on this site?(ESLP) Confused

2 Mar 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

"Don �t use the forum to advertise your ws or other user �s ws" ... to get points , I suppose ...    I guess that �s the kind of advertising Victor means, that is why he thinks it �s ok for Evelina and Xani to promote their website in the forum, as they are not advertising what they upload here ... Just MHO

2 Mar 2012     

Mariethe House
France

This post is really getting nonsensical as Evelina removed her original post!! Never mind! Good luck girls and make the most of it!
I just want to praise and thank one of my French colleagues whose work has been highly appreciated and downloaded so many times and copied too and stolen because itwas so good. I would like to say thank you to Frenchfrog who has the generosity to open her wonderful ,creative and thorough work  in her blog and who doesn �t make any profit from it and of course doesn �t advertise it on ESLprintables!. I don �t think it is fair to allow members of this free and sharing site to advertise here in order to make money! That �s all! That �s just an opinion: my opinion, Victor and sorry if it goes against yours. After all, you are, in these times of awards," the master of ceremony" and I will abide your rule!Smile

2 Mar 2012     

ikerzak
El Salvador

I think that one should simply skip the commercial part if one doesn �t agree with it. Remember that people buy what they want. If they don �t want it, they simply ignore it.... Just saying...

2 Mar 2012     

Sonn
Russian Federation

It �s not allowed to advertise work(sheets) which are on ESLPrintables. The rule appeared because some people used to do it regulary. Giving links on to other resources is not forbidden. I think there is no violation of the rules. For example, links to Liz �s blog have been here many times and nobody argued. As far as I remember there are not only freebies. So, I think giving link to http://www.eslchallenge.net/ was not against the rules.

Good luck, Evelina and Xani. And thank you for everything you �ve done.

3 Mar 2012     

douglas
United States

It �s Victor �s site and he has stated his view on sharing the link.  He has no problem with it so it is okay for evelinamaria to do it.  period.

OBTW: I agree with Victor

3 Mar 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Absolutely! Victor says it �s OK, so it �s OK - end of! It �s a bit presumptuous for people to keep rattling on about it, so maybe mine can be the last rattle! 

And the site looks quite nice, a bit too young for my students, though.

3 Mar 2012     

Mariethe House
France

This is my last rattle! I am dead!

Big Joe turner: Shake rattle and roll : A great classic!

http://youtu.be/20Feq_Nt3nM

3 Mar 2012     

1    2    Next >