Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Will the site be down every weekend?    

Will the site be down every weekend?

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Will the site be down every weekend?

Hello dear friends,

As you all know I �m an active member of this site but I think that the responsibility for the people running it, is way too much since there seem to be problems lately.
1.This is the second weekend in a row that the site was down-I understand that there might be a need for that but I would truly appreciate an early notice so that we know it in advance 2.I had one my ws reported and I pm Victor asking why wasn �t it in the following days contributions as the administrators message claimed, since it was not removed.Never got an answer from Victor never seen it reposted. 3.When the system is down why aren �t the works we send reposted for the following day-I assume this would be the fair thing to do. 4.The site claims that contributions that are not downloaded for a month will be deleted-not the case. 5.Should we reupload our contributions on our own when the system is down?

Thanks dear friends
Hope Victor takes no offence.

11 Mar 2012      

bassole sandrine
France

I haven �t had my yesterday points either. What about the worksheet we posted today ???
Do you think Victor will fix it ?
Have a good week
sandrine bassole

11 Mar 2012     

lancieboy
Israel

i got news for everyone someone is stealing my points

11 Mar 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

You guys need to get a life.

11 Mar 2012     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Instead of complaining we should be thanking Victor.  This site is free and I believe that a little inconvenience here and there is allowed under the circumstances.  Be grateful for what we have.  Have you seen the number of of registered users?  I think it �s a little hard to please everyone, so take what has  been given and be happy with it!  I think Victor deserves a life and he can �t be guarding the site 24/24.    How would you feel if it were taken away.  Not too good I think.

11 Mar 2012     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Dear cunliffe,
Are you suggesting that because we raise issues,upload worksheets and download worksheets, take time to revise worksheets and send messages to our friends in this site we do not have a life? What exactly do you do for a life?Would you be kind enough to give us a short description of your life outside this site?

Let me tell you about mine. I run my own English Language school, I am an official examiner of the English language for the National Certificate, I have a relationship, I live in my own house, I have many friends who I see regularly, I go cycling, I read books, I go to the theatre. Are these enough for a life?

11 Mar 2012     

popera_flor
Argentina

The same happened to me yesterday! And I don �t know why I can �t upload anything today! Cry

11 Mar 2012     

truji78
Spain

Hi!
I �ve sent a message to Victor and I hope the problem will be solved soon. If not, I will upload my ws again hoping people will downlow them again! I kinow this site is free and this is wonderful but I think our effort must be considered too.
Kisses

11 Mar 2012     

sonja1985
Austria

@cunliffe: is this kind of attitude really necessary?? i thought this was a SHARING site and amalia was merely sharing her thoughts on some topics. topics i might add that probably more people are wondering about. i think she made it quite clear that she was in no way trying to criticize victor or this site. i guess anyone who has been on this page knows what a great job victor is doing and we are all endlessly thankful for what he and his administrators are doing! and the forum is here for discussion and for questions. so, i (and i guess i �m not the only one) would appreciate it if you kept comments like the one above to yourself in the future. they are not helping anyone and the only thing you may achieve with them is to upset others and i really don �t think this is the right place for such behavior. thanks!

@amalia: i was also wondering if it were possible to repost contributions that were in the "recent contributions" for less than 24 hours. since i am a fairly new to this site and in addition new to the job, i could really use every little point that would get me! ;) so, thank you for raising this issue and i hope the administrators will take note of it.

@popera_flor: same here! hope that means our contributions from yesterday will still be in the "recent contributions" tomorrow... here �s hoping!!! ;)

11 Mar 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

I finally got to organize my house..ESLp being out of order over the weekend freed a lot of time Smile
It is really important to keep in mind that no-one is obligated to provide us with this amazing resource...If Victor decides tomorrow to quit, it �s his right to do so...We all still  own our own worksheets...and that is  - bottom line - all we put in here....
i know, it �s easy to get used to a good thing, but it is important to keep in mind that it is a privilege, not ours by right....and gratitude is IMHO the only way to go//
(its like complaining someone gave you 900.000$ for free rather than a million.)

11 Mar 2012     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

I agree with Gloria and Marion!

We should be happy with what we have!!!!
 Victor for your hard work and big efforts to keep the site running!

ESL is an amazing site with so many creative and sharing  contributors!
  Victoria

11 Mar 2012     

1    2    Next >