Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > IT WAS VERY HARD TO GO BACK!    

IT WAS VERY HARD TO GO BACK!

_babz
Canada

IT WAS VERY HARD TO GO BACK!

Every year, it feels harder and harder to go back and teach, after a 2-week vacation. Maybe it�s the cold Canadian weather that didn�t help. Some students looked tired as well. Anyways, all in all, it was hard to go back for me, but I still managed to have interesting conversations with students.

Still, very exhausting!

Did anybody else feel this way? Confused or is it just me.

Oh ya...happy New Year to all!

6 Jan 2009      

maayyaa
Slovenia

No, it�s not just you. I felt the same. It was so quiet at school, like a calm before the storm yesterday and my students were tired too and weren�t ready to get back to work either :-) But together we managed to make the most out of our lessons.

Take care and a Happy New Year!

6 Jan 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

I think that happens to everyone.

I have three classes from 4pm to 10pm. Today was my first day also.
With my first 2 groups my class was just awesome! they loved talking about what went on in 2008.

In fact, I used a worksheet posted by one of the members here ��Bye Bye 2008�� Im sure most of you have seen that worksheet. I adapted it and wrote down the questions on colour cards and put them up on the whiteboard, I separated them per categories and colours, so they chose a colour and category and get points with the correct answer, I made this kind of competition in the class.

On the other hand, with my last group it just didn�t catch their motivation at all. My students looked bored and I found my class so dull...I felt bored of my self...Its what happens when I see them like that. I dont know if it was ME ( that maybe I got tired after having two classes) , maybe it was my students that were sad because one of their classmates is not continueing anymore.

I don�t know.... I hope they still want to come back tomorrow Disapprove

6 Jan 2009     

a-Maya
Mexico

Yeah, it�s to hard!!! Actually I�m starting clases tomorrow :S and I�m starting to get nervous.
 I really want to see my students again but on the other hand, I don�t know how they are going to behave... maybe calm and quiet or crazy and talkative...

Well I think I can manage my nervous and plan an amazing lesson to involve my studnets in the class!!! Wink

6 Jan 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Going back is always hard. I�m starting tomorrow too and it always makes me a bit nervous but that�s because it�s a change of habits and not because of my students. I�m sure we�ll soon get used to the routine again!
Have a nice day, dear teachers!!!!!

6 Jan 2009