Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ..................................    

______
Germany

6 Jan 2009      

Anna P
Brazil

I totally agree with you, Silke.  Check your mailbox.

6 Jan 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

SMILE TO THE WORLD AND THE WORLD WILL SMILE BACK AT YOU.

Smile Smile Smile

6 Jan 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

I personally like reading comments on my worksheets. It motivates and inspires me a lot!!
It is important to understand the purpose of the feedback process.

Feedback is a part of the  process towards improvement!!!!

If something is wrong with your worksheet, don�t you want to know about it?
 I think you do (and if not, you should!).
I use the the teacher�s feedback to improve the design and the content of my worksheets .
I always leave a comment when I download worksheets from others too.
Everyone is glad to get a feedback:     Feedback should be; 
ConstructiveOuch - So that the teacher feels encouraged and motivated to improve.

TimelyOuch - So that teacher can use it for their future learning.

Prompt - So that teacher can recall what they did and thought at the time,

Supportive of learningOuch - so that teacher can have clear indications of how to improve his/her worksheet.  

ClearOuch- so the teacher can  observe what it fails , reflecting on why it fails to do so, working out a way to improve it, redrafting, reading it through... and so on.

EncouragingOuch emotional

At the end, We all  benefit through getting feedback.

I agree with you Silke. Feedback is like a circle..

1.you start it sharing your work
2.you go round to what someone says about what you do, or what you think about what you have done.
3.this leads you to alter what you do
4.you may then get more feedback and carry on improving.  
The more you give and share,the more you will get in return!!!

6 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Good afternoon dear silke, good afternoon to you all. You are absolutely
right.

Just like you, I would never be able to download a worksheet without saying at least "Thank you" to the contributor. More than just politeness, it�s a question of education, of good manners. So, should we conclude that those who don�t leave a comment are less educated or lack good manners? I�m not really sure.

In my opinion, those people don�t bother to leave a "thank you" note, I mean, they don�t even think of it, because they are not involved in this beautiful community as we are .

They use ESLprintables automatically as they use any other site that offers them what they need. They don�t see "people" behind the worksheets! They have no idea how hard we work to make those resources. But again, I believe all these ideas and facts never cross their minds at all. They just click and that�s it! They get what they want and it�s over. They do not have any affection or whatsoever for us or the site, just like when I go to google...

When I upload a worksheet, particularly when it is one of those that took me a long time to prepare, like the extensive reading task, the only thing that makes me feel better is that I�m sure  the comments left by you and all the other nice members of the site will make me, if not forget, at least feel less angry with those that didn�t recognize me as a person, but as a machine at their service. And I am not talking about those who occasionaly do not leave a comment. Absolutely not. What we are talking about here is the people who NEVER say thank you.

Thank you. I wish you all a good evening!
-22�C? Silke I have no idea what it is like!! I have never seen snow in my life, can you believe it??

Hugs,
mena

6 Jan 2009     

cgato
Portugal

Hi Ladybird!

You�re right! I�m often in a hurry but to leave a thank you doesn�t cost that much time!After all, all members� work has helped me so much!
A bigHug

6 Jan 2009     

my-english.edu.pl
Poland

I totally agree with you, Ladybird. I think that these comments are highly motivating. I like reading them very much. I know that someone appreciates my own work. 

6 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

Time is the main issue for me.  I don�t seem to have enough.  I try to always say thanks when  I download something but I have to admit that I almost never leave the ws as is.  There is almost always something that I change.  But this isn�t necessarily a criticisim of peoples work.  I sometimes rewrite the instructions or take out exercises that I don�t think are suitable for my needs.  A lot of times I see great ideas for texts that need to be written in easier or more difficult language depending on who I want to give it to.  Sometimes I download and make a note next to the name of the ws - "needs work", this means that I will have to go back to it and fix it up.  It may be something that I will need in a month or so, so I�m not in a hurry to fix it. 

Everyone makes mistakes occassionally and I for one am great at it.  The problem is that I hate reading off the computer screen.  Until I have held the page in my hand, read it  and attempted the exercises, I won�t know if changes need to be made or I won�t catch them. 
So I appologize for not sending feedback about peoples pages.

But, I promise that -  if I chose your ws it means that I see value in it and appreciate the work you have done. 

There is so much great stuff in this site.  I wish there was a way to see it all.  And more than anything else, I wish I had time to prepare new things to upload.  

Thank you all.

6 Jan 2009