Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hi Tisha    

Hi Tisha

S�lvia73
Portugal

Hi Tisha

I�ve started a new topic, because down there it�s already crowded and it gets confuse!!!
Yes, here in Portugal we are being attacked, mainly by the government. They are just trying to save money implementing some absurd reforms in education. We�re all feeling a bit depressed and unmotivated...

6 Jan 2009      

cgato
Portugal

Hi!
so depressed Cry, it�s true!
But we are teachers!!!! we�re going to overcome.
a great Hug

6 Jan 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Sorry to hear about that I do understand you feeling depressed and demotivated. We all do our best and sometimes it�s hard to be a teacher. If we don�t feel appriciated we can miss our enthusiasm towards teaching.

Here the media and parents find some stories and make a big issue out of it. On the other hand the governmet  finds "new and wonderful" ideas to improve our teaching skills and sometimes it takes a lot of time to implement this "great" ideas which we teachers know they are not going to work. 
Have to be off now.

Hugs and cheers

6 Jan 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

Thanks cgato and tisha.
I have to be off now too. Time for dinner!

6 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Silvia
It breaks my heart  to read that stupid politicians can�t see farther than their own noses.
What kind of future does the world have, if it were filled with stupid, dumb, illiterate people?
If every teacher in the world went on strike, just to prove how important they are, perhaps these politicians around the world would wake-up.
We make a difference.
We help kids out of slums by giving them an education, which is a ticket to a better future.

Sorry to rant, but that�s how I feel.
I wish the people in power would wake up and smell the roses!
Hugs
L

6 Jan 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

You are soooooo right, libertybelle! And we had a major strike here last month. Around 140 thousand teachers sticked to it and there is another one coming, on January19. Teachers are very united right now and although going on strike means not earning a day�s salary (which many of us can�t afford easily), I think we proved the government something! Thanks for your words of support. Hug

6 Jan 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

I am very happy, not because I am a Portuguese teacher, but because I see my Portuguese friends are ready to OVERCOME.
We will rock them.

Keep smiling and working, both these two things are our duties.

6 Jan 2009