Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Printer Margins?    

Printer Margins?

Lippy_Madrid
Spain

Printer Margins?

Hi all. Love this site and love the sharing that we do.

I have a quick question. Many of the worksheets I download have margins that are too small and the edges of my worksheet get cut off. Reformatting the whole page is a pain. What is your experience? How do you �shrink � the page to get it to print well?

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Have a fabulous day and happy teaching!

7 May 2012      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I set the paper size I �m going to use and when it gives me a message "out of margin" I choose to ignore it.

Hope it helps.

Zailda

7 May 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

My printer allows me to reduce the page to fit the size of my printing paper. Check in the properties of your printer.

7 May 2012     

Jayho
Australia

It �s a problem for me too as we use A4 and many worksheets are in foolscap.  My home printer won �t allow for adjustments to I have to manually fix it.  It �s a pain in the proverbial.

7 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Nope, Zailda, "ignore it" wouldn �t help. It �s because the ws is saved in the "letter" format which is used in the US. I also had a pictionary once that seemed fine in the doc but somehow was too large to fit A4. After some attempts to fix it I just gave up. 
Sophia

7 May 2012     

Anna P
Brazil

I have the same problem.  Cry

7 May 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

After having the same problem for a long time, someone gave me the solution: all you have to do is convert the .doc format to PDF. You �ll see, the results are great!

7 May 2012