Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > just for laughs    

just for laughs

Jayho
Australia

H ha Cunliffe - the British downunder haven�t realised that it is uncool to call your raincoat an anorak. 

I did a bit of hi tech research (ya know - Google) and I read that this alternative term only came into being in the eighties - how cool is that.  And ... I found this great site called Anorak and it�s full of geeky info like �Does swimmer�s urine kill German fish?� and �Police stop man for driving whilst radioactive�.  Incredibly interesting for those anorakically inclined.

BTW, my elderly Mum still has the complete set of Encyclopedia Brittanica�s that were purchased for the benefit of our secondary education many decades ago.  She still thinks it�s a status symbol - I think it�s just one massive dust collector.

Cheers

Jayho

P.S. Moody Moody - we sometimes use Parka but it is not as common as it used to be.  A windbreaker has a different not-so-polite definition.  We usually say a windproof jacket, but then again, we usually just say jacket and most of the time that means it is rain proof and wind proof if we are talking about a jacket for outdoor activities on wet�n�windy days.

13 May 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Amalia!

Are you sure the man is not being bullied by his wife? LOL
May be this is her:

Dead   OMG!

13 May 2012     

< Previous   1    2