Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ?    

?

maggy69
Portugal

?

?

8 Jan 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Maggy! I�ve checked the worksheets you mentioned as well as the site where you say you took the picture from. However, Linam doesn�t say you stole a picture, and I quote,  "The Worksheet-Underwear has been taken from the Book: Monolingual The New Oxford Picture Dictionary by E C Parnwell with the title underwear and Sleepwear". Using a picture, even without writing the source, and scan a page of a dictionary are two completely different things. Only you can tell us what the situation is because I don�t have tha dictionary to check. Anyway, I think you�re right about deleting the worksheet if that is the case. If not, if you just took the picture from http://en.lernu.net/lernado/vortoj/bildvortaro/21.php you have to write the source and abide by site�s copyrights rules.
Hope I could help.
Have a nice day,
mena

8 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

To bring up an on-going theme again -
We all use pictures from where ever.
If I were you and had found a great picture -
credit where you got it from - but also make the worksheet your own
by cutting out all the labels and add some exercises of your own.
Grammar, vocabulary, what ever - but don�t just download a whole
page without any contribution from yourself.
My newest contribution has a scanned picture from a book that has been out of print
a long time. I use the picture as a basis for questions and writing, conversation and what ever.
(oops - I just advertised for my newest WS - Shame on me!!)Embarrassed
Hope this helps
L

8 Jan 2009