Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Self Advertising!!    

Self Advertising!!

libertybelle
United States

Self Advertising!!

I know we have rules about self advertising our own stuff (unless someone is looking for exactly that type of printable)

But I vote that on the first Saturday of each month
we all write on the message board about one of our best worksheets!!

(we choose one that we think is the best)

Otherwise a lot of  otherwise great materials get lost in the heap.
I�d be nice to dig down in that heap and see what�s there!

Just a thought..............

Libertybelle

8 Jan 2009      

blizzard1
Denmark

I like the idea libertybelle. I�ve seen some of the wonderful work that people have done in the past and it�s a shame that they�re just there without others knowing about them.
Good night
Tisha

8 Jan 2009     

Zora
Canada

I second, well... third the idea. Smile  I know there are one or two worksheets of mine that people probably didn�t see because they were uploaded quite a while after I started up a series of mine and I think they are some of my better ideas... (... ohh... sorry, self-promoting there... so sorry... by the way, I do have a new "Describing" worksheet going up tomorrow if anybody is interested..  Wink )

8 Jan 2009     

Isialuna
Poland

Hello!

I think self-advertising is a great idea! I�ve just begun my adventure with ESLprintables and self-advertising would help not only me, but also other beginners to share our worksheets:)

Isialuna

8 Jan 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Dear Silke,

I quite agree with you. It�s a good idea but I don�t really fancy reading lots of adverts... (I�d tolerate that if it�s just once a month but I don�t think I would read them!)

Kisses to you, to Lisa and to everyone!!!!

MAR Smile

9 Jan 2009     

Zora
Canada

But if it�s just one day a month and in one thread, very little room is needed on the forum. Besides, Victor can always delete the thread after a few days. 

9 Jan 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I don�t know what to say except today,  while I was reading the posts I came across a comment of Zora�s asking for a particular type of worksheet.  When I saw the reply from Chezzels I went and looked at the worksheets by Profesoringles.  Somehow, I had never seen these worksheets and was greatly impressed by them.  I downloaded a couple of them and was extremely happy with the discovery.  Like Silke, I think the system would have a problem if we advertised our own worksheets.  However, I think it would be great when someone finds an old worksheet which has been overlooked to let other members know about it.  Perhaps we could have a spot where older worksheets are mentioned.

9 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Thanks for your input!

Even though we are a million members here..*S*
We�re really not that many regulars here.
Like I wrote - it�s to tell people about all the goodies
lying on the bottom of the pile, that may end up in
oblivion!
It�s not spam or anything!!
Hugs
L

9 Jan 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Libertybelle:

Like you, I think there are a lot of goodies lying on the bottom of the pile which I would love to have a peek at, but don�t have the time.  Since there are so many, maybe someone could come up with some sort of solution.  Check the post on older printables, November 28th that I posted.  There is a reply from Victor.   I hope someone comes up with some suggestion that will not be too hard to apply.  Perhaps, someone will come up with a solution and we will be able to see some of the older printables without overloading Victor or the website.

9 Jan 2009