Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > ?    

?

almaz
United Kingdom

I guess it was the clown and the knight - since they �ve both been changed.

18 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Alex - just out of interest, what was the problem with them?

18 Aug 2012     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

I believe that one should PM a member if something is offensive (in their opinion) or if there is an error on a ws etc. Too often some members try to embarrass others by writing negative comments that can �t be removed under a ws...

There was �member � with no points... no contributions who left a negative remark  in the comments section of one of my wss. I tried to have it taken cared of but nothing was done... There should be some protocol in place to deal with this problem

18 Aug 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

I haven �t seen the worksheet, so I don �t know if it �s generally offensive or not. I do agree with those who say that the original poster should have sent a PM to the author rather than posting in a public forum. It was unnecessary and actually boomeranged; the worksheet appears to have received more hits than it would have originally.

Also, "offensive" and "inappropriate" differs greatly from culture to culture. Since the OP comes from a predominantly Muslim country, I would guess the picture has a scantily-clad female. But in most countries, a woman in a bikini is not offensive or inappropriate. Monokini, yes, but not a bikini.

I don �t believe that a ws should be labeled as offensive unless it includes nudity (and even then, a medical use for adults might be okay, such as a breast cancer), hate language versus any group of people, or curse or taboo words. Even with curse words, if the activity is for adults and if the words are clearly labeled as offensive, I would argue that they should be included. Business English learners need to know what words to avoid.

18 Aug 2012     

N.F.T
South Africa

Hahah Moody!  Yes.  All my worksheets are offensive!!  Can you spot the offending content?   DOWNLOAD NOW AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND IT!

Lol.

ka-ching!

18 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@ModyMody: So many unnecessary words. The contribution in question is in fact an online exercise (btw an old one- not from today �s contributions) so it �s free and the author has no profit from anyone viewing it or using it what so ever. She did include the link to it so there �s no problem checking it.
Sophia

18 Aug 2012     

< Previous   1    2