Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Tuesday 13th    

Tuesday 13th

Damielle
Argentina

Tuesday 13th

According to the Argentinian traditions, Tuesday 13th (not Friday) is the bad luck day. What about that tradition in your country?

13 Jan 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello daielleta,

Well!!  number 13 by itself brings bad luck , not necessarily Jan. 13. I�m a kind of person who believes in such things, but they don�t turn my life upside down. Sometimes i feel that even well-educated people are at times a little bit superstitious!!!! Sometimes I feel myself this way!!! Should Science and educational progress keep us away from superstition????

What do you think????

Big kisses,
Nebal

13 Jan 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Do you think that when the Earth spins, on 13th happens something different?? They just divided the time into smaller parts called days and gave them numbers.  I want to believe  that 13 is just the day between 12th and 14th. Even it happens to be on Tuesday or Friday!!

13 Jan 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

In Spain Tuesday. not Friday, the back luck day.

13 Jan 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

You can have a look at this link to find why it is martes 13 instead of viernes 13 http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&q=origenes+de+martes+13+mala+suerte&meta=

13 Jan 2009     

Malvarosa
Spain

In Spain Tuesday the 13th is also considered to be a bad lucky day but let�s see how lucky it is today... (Knock on wood or have your fingers crossed)...Smile

13 Jan 2009     

anusca
Italy

in Italy "di venere e di marte non ci si sposa e non si parte", on tuesdays and fridays you shall not get married or leave for a trip.

13 Jan 2009     

my-english.edu.pl
Poland

In Poland some people believe that Friday 13th brings bad luck.

13 Jan 2009