Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT MORE FAKE WORKSHEETS?    

DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT MORE FAKE WORKSHEETS?

ssrl10
Spain

DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT MORE FAKE WORKSHEETS?

PORTUGUESE 24. TAKEN FROM http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/butterfly/activities/mathcolor/Bflymathcolor.shtml. I DON�T KNOW WHY IT HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 50 TIMES. IT IS PRETTY EASY TO KNOW WHEN A WORKSHEET HAS NOT BEEN CREATED BY THE AUTHOR. YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR THEM IN GOOGLE.

14 Jan 2009      

ssrl10
Spain

In fact, even worksheets by people with more than 3,000 points are just copies from other sites. I wrote my PhD on useful online resources for ESL teaching and 3 out of 10 of the worksheets i have downloaded are copied from other websites.

I think that tomorrow, instead of working on my own worksheet to get points to download other people�s worksheets I will spend my time reporting stolen ones to Victor.

14 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I would love to one of those who have a memory for recognizing every stolen WS that
comes my way - but I have 60 essays a month to correct, lesson plans to make,
music to write, teacher�s meetings, parent meeting, grammar correction and
all my own worksheets to make.

I don�t have time to check each and every WS here at ESL on Google.

I have to depend on those here with super memories.
and thank goodness for them!!!!!!!

L

14 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

DEar Sylive

You are so right. I�m horrible at remembering where the originals links are!
You really have to have all the facts on the table  - or should I say, on the message board before accusing someone of cheating.

Hugs
L

14 Jan 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Paulogr uploaded 2 stolen wss last February - and nothing more. The stolen work made him a premium member and, for the past year, he must have downloaded 30 printables per day without contributing with a single original work. This is not what SHARING is all about! Que vergonha, Paulo!

14 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I know one way I remember worksheets stolen from another member and who it belongs to is because when I save a downloaded sheet I put the username first then the name of the worksheet. I do this also because then for example if a member has done a few on one grammar area they are all together in that particular folder and i will use  the set when teaching :-) Also some members have a very distinct style.
Plus there are a couple of esl sites I have been to a lot over the last few months and I can recognise some of the stuff immediately, bogglesworldesl for one! (great stuff there by the way!)
It�s just a shame that lately we are attracting worms and not butterflies to this wonderful site :-)

14 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

You are fighting windmills.  By the way,  anyone can copy a word list from someones "word search" change the order,  throw it into a word search maker,  add a border and a bit of colour and "voila" a new worksheet.  So, is that also stealing?  How many words can you find about weather or clothes or things in the house.  It�s not like the lists are unlimited.  So, I noticed you have some word searches.

I have to be honest,  it is very hard to have to sift through a lot of stuff to find some good reading comprehension exercises.  How many different word searches do we need?

Maybe Victor could split the site into levels.  I am co-ordinator of my school and we have 9 different levels of English.  grade 7 A,B,C    grade 8 A,BC   grade 9 A,B,C

A- level is the strongest and C-level the weakest.  In grade 7 C-level the kids are usually non-readers.

In 9 A- level the kids can handle a higher level text with all kinds of questions.

I think there is a problem with the "readings" category.  When I think of a reading, I expect to see a reading comprehension exercise not a colourful matching  or completion or cloze exercise.  

14 Jan 2009