Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Converting bitmap to jpeg    

Converting bitmap to jpeg

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Converting bitmap to jpeg

hi there

I downloaded HelenMk s tutorial on improving worksheets and I must say its great, but when it comes to technology, Im terrible.

Im trying to convert what I think are bitmap images(google images) to jpeg images.  I have to open my paint application but dont know what that is or if I have one.  Can someone help me out with it?  Im using microsoft 2003

thank you so much!!

18 Jan 2009      

gabitza
Romania

jUST CLICK THE �START� BUTTON, then �All programmes�, then �Accessories�, and there it is! It must be there!

18 Jan 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Thanks!!

How do I know if the images are bitmap.  I dont think they are but they are huge!!

9 pictures are 650kb!!

18 Jan 2009     

gabitza
Romania

I can�t help you with that. So soryy!
Try to arrange your pic on a page in Word and then press PrtSc (print screen) on your keyboard. Then go to Paint and in the �Edit� button press �paste�. Select the area you want, cut & paste back to word.
Maybe that helps!

18 Jan 2009     

Helen McK
Ireland

To check if an image is in bitmap format:

Right click the image file. > Click Properties. > Information included on the displayed page includes the file type. From here, you will be able to see clearly whether  the image is a bitmap or not.

Bitmaps occupy far more space than jpegs.  I would advise you to convert all bitmaps to jpeg format before using them in your documents.

Good luck with your worksheets! Smile

Helen

18 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Hi there, I have a tutorial that addresses this problem directly http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=107849#thetop 

18 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If you�re images are not photographic and don�t contain complex colours you may also want to consider changing it from bitmap to .gif format. This can have a significant impact on the amount of memory an image uses.

e.g
This is a .jpg This is a .gif

The .gif image is almost 1/3 smaller in file size than the .jpg.

Cheers,
ab

18 Jan 2009     

Im Lety
Mexico

Thats correct Bryce...
I always try to use GIF images...They look the same and I can modify the size on my document with any distorted  problems...

18 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I also suspect it may be one of The Frog�s secrets - but I haven�t checked....

18 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

to alien boy

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Having some vegemite on toast right now!

(have a huge jar that I need to make last as long as possible!)

:-)

18 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Just thought I�d sharethe deliciousness that is Cheezels - straight from the showbag to the world!

I�ll be having home made kiwi fruit jam on my toast this morning. Vegemite tomorrow!

18 Jan 2009