Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Looking for a coursebook - help!    

Looking for a coursebook - help!

anitarobi
Croatia

Looking for a coursebook - help!

Hi, dear colleagues!

It �s been a busy while during which I haven �t been here as much as before, or contributed as much, but I do hope you understand.

I have been teaching adult refresher courses for some time now, using materials I made, but have been asked to find a coursebook for revision if possible. So I �m looking for some sort of a coursebook(with cd and teacher �s book) which covers the most important grammar points from A1 to C1, as well as some reading/vocab material, and perhaps some listening material. I know I �m asking a lot, but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, it would really help me a lot.

I hope the upcoming week brings you lots of lovely surprises! Looking forward to your help...

Anita

21 Oct 2012      

anitarobi
Croatia

Looks fine, dear Vicky. I �ll check. I have used several books for adults as well, but finding it all in one is my biggest problem. Thanks for your suggestion.

21 Oct 2012     

NatySB
Argentina

I think that one of the best book for adults is "New English File" by Oxford University Press. 

21 Oct 2012     

Noemi2
Spain

One textbook for adults is "Face to Face" by Cambridge University Press.
The starter textbook is pretty good.

21 Oct 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

do you mean you want one book that covers all levels, not several books under one name which cover a different level each, Anita, right?
How about Understanding and Using English Grammar by Betty Azar, PearsonLongman? It�s for Intermediate/Advanced but it covers all general grammar points. http://www.azargrammar.com/teachersGuides/teachersGuide_UUEG.html There�s an interactive version with a cd-rom and an online course.

21 Oct 2012     

mblucc
Argentina

Why don �t you try Advance grammar in use by Martin Hewings? 
It �s a very good book for intermediate-advance learners. 
Kisses. 
Micaela. 

21 Oct 2012     

anitarobi
Croatia

thank you all for your ideas - I �ll check them and try to find sth suitable!

22 Oct 2012     

Missfrancisca
Spain

I work with ADULTS and all of them like the New English File, there is a new edition for elementary and pre-intermediate, third edition, and the others are: intermediat , uppe-intermediate and advanced, I like working with them too. They come with an i-pack that you can use in class and makes things easier for the teacher. I hope it is useful . Hugs

22 Oct 2012     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

New Headway....but it �s one book for each level...
It seems nice!

22 Oct 2012