Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Useful words !     

Useful words !

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you Renko !! 

30 Oct 2012     

Dr. Ahmad El-Maghraby
Egypt

MChappell: It is not bad wording of my thoughts in a foreign language. But I have met some teachers who are really distinguished by irresponsibility; Those teachers insist on rejecting teaching vocab in countries where English is studied as a foreign (not a second) language. Ss in these countries are in bad need for teaching vocab, both synonyms and antonyms. You don �t know how bad such experience is. The point is not being presumptuous as you �ve described me. It is a big problem. By and large, I hope not to (awfulize) this issue. Let �s help others.   

30 Oct 2012     

1000k!
Peru

Thank you!!!
It �s terrific!
Hug

30 Oct 2012     

apedral
Brazil

Thank you ....

30 Oct 2012     

yanogator
United States

It is interesting that the verbs are given in the past tense, except "like". Also, "fond", which is given as a synonym of "like" is not a verb, but an adjective, so be careful in using this very useful and informative list.

Also, "miniscule" is considered by many people to be a misspelling. The original spelling is "minuscule" (from the Latin "minus", which means "less"). Others (and probably most people by now) now consider "miniscule" just to be a variant spelling. In ten years, it will probably be the preferred spelling.

Bruce

31 Oct 2012     

< Previous   1    2