Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Timer    

Timer

edrodmedina
United States

Timer

Hi friends. I came across this timer that you might find useful in your classroom.

http://dan.hersam.com/software/snaptimer/index.html

I use it with my PPTs as my students are copying an excersise or practicing something or other they know how much time they have left before their time is up. What �s cool is that it can be floated on top of the presentation without having it embedded. Hope some of you find it useful. Ed

2 Nov 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How do you insert it in ppt slides?
Sophia

2 Nov 2012     

sugarpasa
Turkey

Yet a better way is you can do it yourself with imagesor textboxes overlapping one on another so that if timed correctl, they can show up in one seconds intervals.

2 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

You have to download it, right?  Pardon the question -- It �s safe to download, yes?

2 Nov 2012     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Ed, that�s great! I like simple things which work and are great help! Thanks a lot for sharing with us. Thumbs Up 
Oto

2 Nov 2012     

edrodmedina
United States

Yes the clock has to be downloaded and it is quite safe. @Sophia: you don �t have to insert it into the PPT. You open the clock and then go to edit,then options and choose "always on top". Whenever you open a slide show (if you �ve already open the clock) it will be floating on top of the presentation. It �s a lot easier than it sounds. Sugar, wouldn �t you have to do that for every presentation? With Snap Timer it �s there for whatever you want to time. It even has an option for the sound when the timer has counted down. I chose a sound I have already downloaded, that of a buzzer like the one you hear at the end of a sporting event. Ed

2 Nov 2012     

Imenmajed
Tunisia

Thank you for sharing with us Ed. it �s really interesting! imen

3 Nov 2012     

elisabetegomes
Portugal

Thank you. It �s really great!:)

3 Nov 2012