Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I vote FOR the posting of PDFs    

I vote FOR the posting of PDFs

MoodyMoody
United States

I actually agree with nernest, but maybe not just yet. I personally wouldn �t submit .pdf and probably wouldn �t download many files of that sort, but I don �t see that it would be such a big deal to have them available. However, Victor just got done adding Smart Board capability to the site. Why don �t we give him a while before we start hectoring him about new functions?

8 Nov 2012     

claudiahka
Brazil

Although there are programs to convert PDF to any other format, they also change the layout and and drawings. We would have the same problem again...
I believe, most people around the world uses Microsoft, there will be always someone who will have problems... but I think joining the majority opinions, it is the best choice.

8 Nov 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

My opinion,

If this site has something worth, one is or sure th possibility of downlowding a .doc document and make the necessary changes.
PDF mean, my opinionn, that you are in a hurry to get something useful for your class,. <<<<this happens, but can �t be  a rule. Rule must be . I download and change , acccorging to my neeeds

I know there aare are ome mispellings, but I have some problems with mmiuy eyes,
Nowadas I see very verybbaaadly, sorry for mu mistakes. 
Please, no PDF,that �s no t the soul of this web, we share. PDF we don �t share animore

Sorrry, i can �t correct mu missstttrkes.. I don �t see,,,,,,, it takes me a weeekto prepair a worksheer

Hugs, friensd
Lindaa

8 Nov 2012     

goospanish
Mexico

I think you can get readers if don �t have  MS word.   

8 Nov 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

I agree with allowing PDF files, but only for worksheets that are totally error-free and that are aimed at a global audience, without any regional focus.

I think less than 0.1 per cent of ws would qualify...

I hate it when a fruit worksheet contains peaches or figs because my students haven �t a clue what they are. Let �s keep the shared ws editable.

8 Nov 2012     

joy2bill
Australia

Please keep them editable as I, for one, like to adapt for my students, eg because I have adults I always take off the pretty teddy bears, etc. We are all human and as Linda says we all make mistakes. Also I like to put my students � names in sentences to make them more relevant.
I have struggled with layouts, particularly with the legal size instead of A4 but, at the end of the day, rearranging worksheets is still much, much quicker than having to start from scratch.

Sometimes we forget that people contribute out of the goodness of their own hearts so let �s stop getting too demanding about these precious gifts!

9 Nov 2012     

Wonderphil
France

Well I do understand the very good arguments for the .doc files, for the sake of adaptability to level, age, sensibility... Let �s say the 2 formats should be available for the same WS. This way we can judge by the preview if there is something to be changed on it, and choose the .doc. OR we are perfectly happy the way it is, choose the pdf, and save ourselves a lot of hassle (and time).
At least leave the possibility for the creator to upload a PDF version along with the .doc one...
(look how consensual I can be... I should be in politics...)

9 Nov 2012     

< Previous   1    2