Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Check your information/spelling/grammar before uploading...    

Check your information/spelling/grammar before uploading...

Apodo
Australia

I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC
It highlights for my review
Mistakes I cannot sea.

I ran this poem thru it
I �m sure your pleased to no
Its letter perfect in it �s weigh
My checker told me sew.

LOL:  We all know about Spelling and Grammar checkers!
As a native speaker I send a polite PM if I find something wrong in an otherwise excellent worksheet.
Good teachers are happy to have an extra pair of eyes to proofread their worksheets.

23 Nov 2012     

yanogator
United States

@pyes

Check the information/spelling/grammar before downloading, then politely inform the creator of any errors you find.

Problem solved

Bruce

23 Nov 2012     

mariamit
Greece

Go Douglas!

23 Nov 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Completely agree with Douglas. Thumbs Up

23 Nov 2012     

orly100
Israel

I �m with Douglas Thumbs Up

23 Nov 2012     

spinney
United Kingdom

Same here! Send a polite PM. No matter how confident we are, native or not, we all make mistakes. In fact, I just noticed one today on one of my better worksheets. You can always update later if you notice - which I �m just about to do.

By the way, sorry Apodo but I had to steal your poem and stick it on my facebook page. Most amoosing!Clap

23 Nov 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I agree with Douglas :)
but can I give you my piece of advice? when a student no longer gets feed back on his language skills, he can no longer improve those language skills... so when you notice mistakes in a worksheet, why not simply try to contact the author of this worksheet (by PM for example... or if it �s just a typo by leaving a comment...)
I once received a similar message, and i was not ashamed at all: nobody is perfect, right? most of us are not native speakers, and even those who are can make simple mistakes...
so no need to have a "grammar/spelling cop" all we need to do is help each other :)

edit: I also agree with Apodo and spinney...

23 Nov 2012     

Peter Hardy
Australia

If something is worth doing, you do it good as you can.

I, too, agree with Douglas that it �s the teacher �s duty to make sure things are correct. We �re all human and there is no such thing as a mistake. There are only learning opportunities.

However, lately I �ve downloaded some work that was rather shabby. Let �s put it this way: if I want to download quality work that at times has cost more than a few hours to create, I should in return not upload pure rubbish. So instead of a spell-check we might consider a quality check. But, nothing that stops me from deleting any downloads that turn out to be below my personal standards. You �ll loose some points? Hey, you �ve learned from someone else �s mistakes, and that�s worth more than a point, isn �t it?

Keep up the good work, and those that don �t bother about quality, believe me, you �re in the wrong business!

Yours in teaching, and learning,

Peter

23 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Bravo Douglas.  Polite and supportive PMs!  Lots of good will!

23 Nov 2012     

Stellam
Argentina

Thumbs Up Douglas, Apodo 

23 Nov 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >