Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > uploading our own contributions: some food for thought     

uploading our own contributions: some food for thought

Damielle
Argentina

uploading our own contributions: some food for thought

this post is not personal to the person  who wrote it so I hope she doesn�t get offended. I�m writing this because I have seen similar comments several times lattely.

because another person had uploaded a ws taken from another contributor, she wrote:
"This teacher has probably forgotten the fact of downloading this printable from you"

I really appreciate your good intentions and your efforts to to calm down the angry mood of the people involved in this issue , but I don�t understand how a person can�t see that the worksheet he/she is uploading has not been done by him/her!!!! ErmmIt�s easy to forget where one worksheet comes from but not recognizing that it isn�t your own work!!?!!?!!?Disapprove

The rules are clear......

If you have a worksheet that you didn�t make yourself (borrowed from a colleage teacher, for example) DON�T SEND IT Click to check on your own

Hope this having-such-a-bad-memory day never happens to me!!!

20 Jan 2009      

eliana
Portugal

well Damielle...

it happens when you have loads of things to do at the same time...it happens when you do tons of worksheets everyday......maybe one day you�ll get it or not...hope not....because that means you have a nice job that doesn�t make you crazy!!!!!!! Never work in daycare centers.......

sorry for my confession

20 Jan 2009     

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

Dear Damielle! I agree with you completely! We teachers are known for our absent-mindness, but I don�t beleive those who tells that they forgot whether the WSs are their work or not. I�ve read one post today (the user was saying sorry about uploading stolen WS). Actually I didn�t beleive any word in it. She wrote that she had forgotten if they had been her WSs or WSs made by other teacher. If I e.g. create something I spend time and I remember every single picture and every single frame on my WS and for sure I will not forget how I worked hard. So my dear fellow teachers please don�t think that all the teachers are such fools to think that you really forgot! Or once I read under a reported WS "Sorry this WS was sent to me. I didn�t know it was stolen!" Such a rubbish!!!Those "forgetfull people" just can�t take the responsibility and to answer for their actions!!!!

20 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Smile  Hello my dear damielle! I also  find those excuses very disturbing! Some make it sound as if uploading is a sudden decision, something not planned - they suddenly decide to upload some worksheets, go through their files, pick one or two, click, send and it�s done. No need to see if it needs improving or, at least, if it is their own work or not. Others also make it sound as if uploading another contributors� worksheet is a slight mistake.

Just like you, when I look at a worksheet I know right away if it is mine or not, but it�s easy for me to believe that some people do not have visual memory. In this case, they should be even more careful not to make the terrible mistake of uploading someone else�s work.

A good evening to you all.

mena

20 Jan 2009     

karina7777
Denmark

I agree with you - I wouldn�t forget a ws I had made either.
But I have also tried to be extremely stressed during an awful period of way too much work some years ago, just as the teaher who is mentioned in the example tells that she is.
When a mistake is made once, I am certainly ready to give this person the benefit of the doubt - especially since I saw her account and found lots of great ws. She has 10660 points and is most certainly not in need of points. So why would she copy on purpose?

Have a very nice evening everyone Smile

20 Jan 2009     

karina7777
Denmark

Damielle, I just noticed that maybe I am not referring to the person you talked about, sorry - there has been a couple of these incidents lately. I am referring to the person who tells that she is really stressed out because of her job.

20 Jan 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, you all,
Something that always surprises me is how fast some people forget about what they doAngry.
I left a comment about that, and now I tried to check if there was a particular answer for my comment and guess what ????
I discovered that this particular teacher has a total amount of points that immediately caught my eye. ( I am good at Maths ). Check it please and, if you have an explanation, I would be glad to learn how you can make so many points with so few points in the downloadings.
Have a look.

20 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If you look at the properties of a Word document there is usually a name or ID noted as the author. This default is the name noted as the owner of the software when it is installed. As I only produce worksheets on my own computer the default is �Alien Boy� (not really, but you know what I mean). If you use a networked computer the default may well be different. It is possible to set the author information using the tools option under the �user information� tab.

If I hover my mouse over a document a small note will pop up which will also show the author�s name (amongst other things).

I find it extraordinarily difficult to believe the excuse that �I forgot I did not create the worksheet(s).� That is right up there with �the dog ate my homework.� While it�s (remotely) possible, it is highly unlikely.

A note for the Cow Sheriff - if someone goes �save as� to an existing document it retains the original document�s author as the default. This is the first thing I would look at, in conjunction with another worksheet by the suspected individual (if possible).

20 Jan 2009