Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teach English to adults (beginners)    

Teach English to adults (beginners)

jannabanna
France

@lockman - your idea sounds very interesting!  Bravo !!!  I think we should all try it!

22 Dec 2012     

mariajosefuster
Spain

I also think it is a very good idea. I �m going to try to use it.

Thanks a lot,

MJ

22 Dec 2012     

joy2bill
Australia

With my adults we have a policy whereby if anyone uses their own language they must bring Timtams (a popular Australian cookie/ biscuit) for the whole class. If no one slips up for the whole week then I, as the teacher, must bring Timtams for everyone. As they have over 24 hours of English a week this is not easy but they love �dobbing � each other in. (It �s all done in fun)

22 Dec 2012     

teacherbr2
Brazil

I allow my students to speak in our native language (Portuguese), but I always make conversations with slides about each class forcing them to speak only English (generally, I ask them to give complete sentences to improve their pronunciation). I �m used to giving my class 90% in English and what remains is designed for fast translations and for fun. 
I think whatever we do, some adult people have problem for learning English. Esl doesn �t have a specific age to be learned. That �s my opinion! Sleepy

29 Dec 2012     

< Previous   1    2